Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Something is going wrong here. first I lost a dsetup.dll file, now my spellfiles arent up to date (they are) and cant download them again.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something is going wrong here. first I lost a dsetup.dll file, now my spellfiles arent up to date (they are) and cant download them again.

Ditto. Not sure what to do now and all my tech-savvy friends aren't on or awake yet.
PLEASE HALP I AM BECOME DUMB
Old 12-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Large Rat

Having same problem as above people. dsetup.dll missing. Anti-virus turned off atm. Played last night just fine. Not sure what to do seems to be a few others having same issues today..?
Old 12-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Large Rat

Nm sorry. Turned out to be mcafee free trial crap on new pc. I never activated or used it ever but that was still causing my problem. Once I removed it & repatch all is good.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Aviak

My anti-virus was disabling the DL and the dsetup.dll file because it has a trojan attached to it(at least in the name). Try turning off Anti-Virus.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Aviak

Ugh, still not working.

File is flagged as a GenericTrojan. I take the setup DLL out of Quarantine and turn off anti-virus then try to launch the game and I get a different error code that the game failed to load.

Prior to that, it was launching but saying spell files were outdated. WTF.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmonlee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh, still not working.

File is flagged as a GenericTrojan. I take the setup DLL out of Quarantine and turn off anti-virus then try to launch the game and I get a different error code that the game failed to load.

Prior to that, it was launching but saying spell files were outdated. WTF.
turn your anti virus off and re download the patch and extract it to your EQ folder then try playing. Dont just unquarantine the file.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
turn your anti virus off and re download the patch and extract it to your EQ folder then try playing. Dont just unquarantine the file.
THIS! I can finally play again!

Even with this, once I turned my anti-virus back on, I still had to recover the file through my anti-virus's controls. Whatever is in this latest dsetup.dll, antivirus no likey!
Old 12-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordodie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THIS! I can finally play again!

Even with this, once I turned my anti-virus back on, I still had to recover the file through my anti-virus's controls. Whatever is in this latest dsetup.dll, antivirus no likey!
Its not that antivirus doesn't like it, its that AV does not know what it is and cannot verify what it is, so it blocks it for "safety".

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=164472

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...490#post806490
Old 12-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Orc

I guess that makes sense. The important thing is that we're back in Norath!
Closed Thread