Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Fire Giant

Would play just to do PvE content on my holy enchantress
Old 12-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGANS LAW [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
enchanter cleric gonna be super op lol
-Charm npc

-Send it after someone

-Get it dispelled

-No worries, DA and it again goes after the other player and kills them
Old 12-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one is interested in these failed basement dwellers version of a RPG.
Isn't that kind of what EQ is?

If you compare it to mainstream success it's pretty much a failure.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestovv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, thinking about making a new custom pvp server with my boy g-rad. Let me know if this sounds kind of fun to you or if it's a cringefest and the thread needs to be closed.

This what I'm thinking right now:

-Iksar Only
-Kunark Only
-Light Roleplaying
-Choose 1 of the ancient Iksar tribes (Kylong, Nathsar, Obulus, Kunzar, Jarsath)
-Iksar can be all classes, but classes are bound to which tribe you choose.
-Some classes are different
-All enchanter spells besides nukes merged into cleric class, to make cleric more interesting/fun/powerful.
-Beastlords
-Berserkers
-Mage pets are iksar golems
-Necro pets are iksar skeletons
-Tribes are like guilds, get pvp points/items for killing members of other tribes.
-Tribes are not teams.
-Completely open pvp
-Full loot (but friendlies can lock down corpses quickly and loot as well to salvage the gear of a fallen friend)
-Focus on group content (no raids)
-Ldon instances placed in kunark (maybe?)
-Shissars
-Quests from Cazic Thule
-5 village cities in weird places in kunark for each tribe instead of cab
-new better items/content for stuff brad didn't finish like dalnir, nurga, kaesora, and other places nobody ever goes

Let me know if this sounds cool or is a cringe, thanks.
you just made an iksar only clone of eqpvp.com.
lol
does sound cool tho, s4 zek anyone since s3 prolly gonna be FFA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

5 teams will be shit for low pop server, would need blue99 pop to make this succesful. Zek had a low pop and 2 team situation which is already quite hard to pvp on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

I'm glad this will never happen
Old 12-02-2016, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5 teams will be shit for low pop server, would need blue99 pop to make this succesful. Zek had a low pop and 2 team situation which is already quite hard to pvp on.
the team doesn't dictate who can pvp who, its completely open pvp (you can attack anyone, anywhere)

its kind of just cosmetic or lore-ish, dunno, tried to explaining it to you fuckwits so I probably didn't explain it very well, or its a bad idea...
Old 12-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think if you actually had the option to play a better version of Red classic EQ you might enjoy yourself, but I do think that you might be the type of person to have to have it given to you than imagine it on your own. Which isnt an insult, its just a personality trait.

I mean dont act like ppl playing emulated versions of your game means your game is perfect and cannot be better. There are emulators for literally every game ever made.
I 100% need a game I casually play to be given to me. I wouldn't sacrifice other parts of my life to feed a selfish desire of how to better enjoy my leisure time, but that is just because of where I am at in life.

There are emulators because people want to play a game they like and emulators provide a platform to deliver that. That has absolutely nothing to do with individuals copying a game, making some shitty changes to it and allowing others to play it. People can do whatever they want but you aren't going to attract a big crowd to play a 17 year old game with your own crappy custom changes to it. If people want to learn and play a new game they will play a new game someone made themselves from scratch.

Someone who copies other peoples work and butchers it are the exact opposite of what you are portraying. They are the ones with no imagination or drive. They want their own game but can't do it themselves. If you want to be successful with an emulator and deliver what people want, you make it close to the original. Only minor changes to adjust for population and technology advancements should be considered if you want a legit box.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you just made an iksar only clone of eqpvp.com.
There is almost nothing about this idea that is similar to zek besides the fact that it's pvp.

Gradner Goodtimes - 60 Bard
Old 12-02-2016, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

this is my impression of OP,

drugs