Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Sarnak

yo abacab where's my g invite bro?

yall got my boy vhex but not me? i didnt think you guys were jealous of my title too bro ...
Old 10-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
btw abacab are you really bragging about farming kael gear on a server where the pve encounters have been made ridiculously easy so that the game can focus on pvp? grats bro.

can someone tell me how the keep system works? I joined some random guild that had control of one and I got some crazy buffs for a while, but I never figured out how you actually gain control of it or whatever.
All Kael armor is clickable at level 1

Which means as a Cleric I can spam 800 pt AoE heals and attach 20 pt damage shields on people which is pretty baller on a server where if you die you go back to level 1.

So it is a big accomplishment because it is hands down the best gear in the game you can get, aside from mages summoning their epics.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:04 AM
Banned

Sad thing is I lost my clickie pants to faggy mages that 5v1 you cause they're pretty pro at pvp ya know what I mean?

The rampant MQ abuse, the OP spells and the broke /who all function makes it rather retarded for a strictly pvp server, especially since all mobs are indifferent and you can't train in recourse or use KoS mobs as buffers between you and some MQ warping mages.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab *****h [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sad thing is I lost my clickie pants to faggy mages that 5v1 you cause they're pretty pro at pvp ya know what I mean?

The rampant MQ abuse, the OP spells and the broke /who all function makes it rather retarded for a strictly pvp server, especially since all mobs are indifferent and you can't train in recourse or use KoS mobs as buffers between you and some MQ warping mages.
I agree thats kinda bad, the mobs not aggroing. Part of the reason why it was funny to play WoW pvp was that some people were really bad at knowing when to engage. I would just sit near a bunch of mobs near stratholme and priest fear anyone who attacked me into the nearby mobs and proceeded to kill 2-3 people.

I remember kiting quite a lot of people on Slate on Rallos Zek.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
btw abacab are you really bragging about farming kael gear on a server where the pve encounters have been made ridiculously easy so that the game can focus on pvp? grats bro.
Ain't nothing trivial with permadeath. Couple that with the fact that you have basically no gear so that if you do one slight thing to mess up you are going down. Thinking about playing p99 again seems so easy in comparison. Also a lot more boring...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Orc

Is a rogue a viable option, or do I need to pick something a little more, um, safe? Rogues are horrible at solo'ing so I cannot imagine they would be very effective in PvP.
Last edited by Nox; 10-13-2010 at 11:06 AM..
Old 10-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Kobold

No, melee suck bad on this server.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Aw, don't say that yaeger, you got your ranger up pretty high the first few times no?
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 10-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Kobold

Yeah it was pretty brutal.

I just pulled for the casters, shot my bow for 10 damage every time I could, and was a snare bot. I had to run from everyone, even a lvl 10 necro could have ganked me.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab *****h [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

yeah when faction is fixed it'll be way better.

I just died because I ducked under a rock accidentally and couldn't cast - at least I have no one to blame but myself for it though!
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread