Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 05:00 AM
Skeleton

Default Lower levels Druid equipment

Hello!

I'm back to everquest after many many years. Thank you Project 1999!

I'm starting with a druid in Grater Faydark (already level 7) and after making some money with orc belts I'm thinking about buying some equipment. Any advices, please?

Thank you in advance!
Old 05-25-2016, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Wisdom based items and +55 HP rings...
Old 05-25-2016, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wisdom based items and +55 HP rings...
At your level, I'd recommend more mana based items.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At your level, I'd recommend more mana based items.
Definitely. Wisdom won't do much for you until you get to around level 30. Focus on items with raw mana and HP rather than wisdom. I geared my druid out pretty hard and only now at 45 am I beginning to see it make a difference.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

If your looking for advice we at Dial a Port are more than happy to help you along. Might even get some hand me down gear.

Type /who all dial and talk to anyone in the guild.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-27-2016, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

I liked gearing for wisdom early on with the philosophy that I'd grow into it. Especially with quads at 34+, your exp flies. Moonstone rings aren't a bad choice early though.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely. Wisdom won't do much for you until you get to around level 30. Focus on items with raw mana and HP rather than wisdom. I geared my druid out pretty hard and only now at 45 am I beginning to see it make a difference.
But if you go this way, aren't you just spending money on raw mana items that you are just going to try and sell later to buy wisdom based items?
Old 05-28-2016, 12:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But if you go this way, aren't you just spending money on raw mana items that you are just going to try and sell later to buy wisdom based items?
Maybe, yeah, but that's part of the game, isn't it? Or you could give away your old gear to new druids in Misty Thicket.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

Depends how much you have to spend, and likely not much at ~lvl7 yet. But pretty safe to get whatever you can from a jeweler first thing, if you must. Just some wisdom junk is fine. You don't need a whole lot until lvl34, yes. Some wisdom jewelry, leather armor, maybe a club with some stats, by lvl20 or so. You can solo farm quite a bit of drui gear, not hard. I still keep some old str pcs on me when I go farm pelts etc for tailoring, to carry extra pelts.

Maybe later upgrade to a Black Sapphire Platinum Necklace or something. I dropped one of those on a lvl-1 Shaman alt a few months back. I put it on, then decided to take it off to see how much the health and mana bar would drop, and my shammy hit the ground purple clubbed lol. I could yo-yo that shammy at will haha.

But something like Jasper Gold Earring x2 and maybe a couple Silver Jasper Ring if not Golden Ruby Ring. Those are pretty easy to find. Springwood Club is usually easy to find. Don't worry about a neck slot item, go with Tunare Symbol Quest, though way less frustrating after you get tracking.

Another good link http://wiki.project1999.com/Category[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]ruid_Equipment
Good way to find drop items. Once you can port you can zip all around grabbing gear off mobs.