Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get fucked. I want to smoke, so I smoke. I give zero fucks whether or not you find it legitimate.
You're a drug-addled criminal. Of course, you give zero fucks.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a drug-addled criminal. Of course, you give zero fucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1298880612500.jpg (15.2 KB, 74 views)
Old 02-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Marijuana will be legalized sooner rather then later.

Marijuana has only been illegal for 70 odd years.
That is a long time for prohibition but it is not forever. Attitudes are changing for the better in America:

http://news.yahoo.com/recreational-m...034555395.html

"Nationwide, an October 2011 Gallup Poll that found a record 50 percent of Americans polled supported legalizing marijuana use, up from 36 percent five years earlier."

Colorado has a legalization measure on their ballot this fall - not decriminalized but legalized.
I really do believe this legislature in Colorado stands a good chance of passing - better than the last effort which was California in 2010 (that lost 50.8% to 49.2%)

Hell look at the numbers alone on the sliding disparity scale - 36% approved 5 years ago; 50% last October. This last % is a year plus from the vote in Colorado this November. With the numbers keeping trending the way they have been that equates to a 52-54% approval for legalization by late this year.

Not to mention Colorado is one of the most liberal states.
Add it all up and what do you got - a lot of attention towards Marijuana. A Democratic President who is not cracking down hard on Cannabis and Cannabis research (he even has admitted to smoking it). I do believe if Colorado legalizes it 5-6 other states will follow suit within 2 years. At that point, halfway into his 2nd tenure and being presented clearly with what the voters want - AND not being psychotically anti-marijuana as many presidents are.. I truly believe Obama will pave the way for legalized Marijuana across the US with 6-7 states being legal by the end of his term in January 2017.

Sure some state will hold out for a long, long time but most others will come to accept the fact that we're imprisoning 1.7 million + people a year and spending tens of billions of dollars to combat Marijuana.

The war against Marijuana hurts the USA more than Marijuana ever could.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get fucked. I want to smoke, so I smoke. I give zero fucks whether or not you find it legitimate.
This is how pot legalization proponents should handle the issue rather than wrap it up in sanctimonious concerns about glaucoma patients. It's a personal liberty issue and that's enough.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentalCowtipper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah.. theres never a legitimate reason for weed use. Never Ever.
Tell me that when you have glaucoma and the only thing that works for you to relieve eye pressure is Marijuana. I guarantee you'll be sparking up instead of going blind. Then again you may choose blindness [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So you've honestly seen people sell their belongings to go get weed? I never have and I have been smoking for close to 20 years. Did this weed happen to be laced with crack?

Have you -
- Ever seen anyone beat their wife while high? Get into a fist fight with their best friend?
-Ever seen someone kill themselves with a marijuana OD? - I'll answer that one - you can't - it takes approximately 1800 pounds of pot to OD. Smoked in a single sitting. That is a joint the size of a telephone pole stretching 20 miles.
-Ever taken a look at a newspaper. Every drug dealer death you see is either Crack or Heroin or Meth. I can't ever remember reading about a weed dealer being shot in a drive by.

You might also want to check into statistics from the Netherlands. After legalization of Marijuana crime went down, tax revenues went up and the country' production level, the GDP, continued to rise. Imagine that!

You say weed makes you lazy and is used to avoid the world. Is this something you've seen from one or two people in your life so you assume it to be true for everyone? Way to jump to conclusions. Personally I use it for 2 reasons - it helps me to concentrate and focus so that I work better (to each his own I say); alternatively I use it for enjoyment of the feeling it provides.

What a dirty, unproductive weed head I must be by your logic then, eh? Right now I'm taking 4 evening classes to finish my masters degree while working 50-55 hrs a week; in between that it seems like my house always has repairs that spring up. I have a 3.87 cumulative GPA while using Marijuana. Funny part is I took a year off smoking a while back and only managed a 3.6 GPA- in undergrad which is easier than grad school. Weed allows me to focus and work better. Each person is an individual and each situation varies. For some people it may not allow them to optimize their work; for others it does.

Every person I know who smokes marijuana has a job; some also attend college in addition to working.
Does that mean I should assume every marijuana user is more productive than non smokers? Hell no. That would be idiotic to drawn an assumption about millions of people based on some personal observations. Like you seem to have done.

Say what you want about people being weak minded and having the need to put foreign substances into their bodies occasionally to relax but I bet you too choose to drink alcohol. That alters your state of mind and relaxes you but happens to be much deadlier to the human body than Cannabis.

You said "maybe you even need to get your prayer on" - so I can assume from that you're a religious man eh? You believe your Deity, whomever they may be, created earth with all the plants and animals. Does that not include Cannabis?
Man created Alcohol. God created Marijuana.
Who do you trust?
Judge not lest ye be judged.
Glaucoma who knows? Maybe blindness is a gift, you ever hear about those blind people with super-natural hearing and abilities? I can give you a good point for that tho.

Yes I have witnesses people selling shit for weed, many people. No it wasn't laced.

I don't get into fist fights while sober, or beat a woman, so that's a pointless statement. Also all the fully sober people I know are people of God so they are non-violent.

Weed dealers are drug dealers too, and the OD statement is pointless as well, I'm not comparing drugs to each other, I'm comparing sober to pot-head.

Netherlands ok.. that's one country which is no where as segregated as America.

seems weak-minded to me that you need it to enjoy parts of life, and to focus.

I don't care about your job or the fact that college is gay. Gain wisdom not knowledge, as a possibility you can say its varies for people, but what if it runs out, you sir are breaking the law, you sir are not above the law, God says obey the law so don't try to push religion back on me. Go ahead and tell me how much money you make I know you want to, be real.

I can see you are getting angry and like to call name's, very interesting. That's great that your friends have jobs and go to school like good kids, OMG they smoke weed too! Well, that's great they can use a job for their fix.

I don't drink alcohol, or smoke weed, or cigs. I don't even take aspirin or Tylenol for my headaches. I also don't puss out and take cough syrup for my colds. Man up. Ill say this, I don't need, nor should anyone else use any of these. Jesus drank wine, but is stated don't drink til drunkenness.

Judge the righteous judgement if ye judge, I have judged righteously.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Look! here is some examples.. Anger, so what I want when i want, and I don't give a fuck about anything you say.

again, point proven.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
key word in this post "may" highly unlikely.. marijuana legalization laws keep being turned down by the people ..voted I might add. Hang it up. marijuana produces lung cancer not cures it
this. also, why do you give a shit if other people smoke weed? if no one is pushing it on you, why do you give a shit?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Sharing is Caring burkemi5, share opinions amirite?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Within99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sharing is Caring burkemi5, share opinions amirite?
that's true. sorry i was a hater. i guess it just comes down to a personal liberties thing, as someone mentioned earlier.