Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You people play this game in 3rd person?
When I'm on my enchanter or on my desktop, yes. Laptop or non-enchanter? No.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You people play this game in 3rd person?
Anyone who doesn't is just making the game harder than it has to be. And I'm not talking about that mouse wheel scroll third person bullshit either. Use F9/INSERT/DELETE/ALT+UP/DOWN/ALT+PAGEUP/PAGEDOWN like someone who actually played EQ before 2004, doing otherwise is just embarrassing yourself. I'm going to submit a bug report on mouse wheel 3rd person now.
Last edited by kenzar; 10-31-2012 at 12:33 PM..
Old 10-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who doesn't is just making the game harder than it has to be. And I'm not talking about that mouse wheel scroll third person bullshit either. Use F9/INSERT/DELETE/ALT+UP/DOWN like someone who actually played EQ before 2004, doing otherwise is just embarrassing yourself. I'm going to submit a bug report on mouse wheel 3rd person now.
That's why I never used 3rd person back then... makes sense. I didn't realize the mouse scroll to third person was something new.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

scroll out to 3rd is the only way to go, before i had a scroll mouse back in the day it was 100% 1st person sans the f9 to look at my sexy self.

although now with my epic and shit thats mostly what I do when I am logged on "look at my sexy self and my sexy pixles"

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 10-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

When Kunark came out there seemed to be a number of GM events where Guises, Manastones, and Thex Daggers were dropping. I would be all for more GM events that revive these older items.

We can say we are holding classic timeline for removing items, but expansions come slower and by design will stop coming altogether, right? In the end are we stuck in perpetual "day before Luclin" release forever? That's not classic either :P
Old 10-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We can say we are holding classic timeline for removing items, but expansions come slower and by design will stop coming altogether, right? In the end are we stuck in perpetual "day before Luclin" release forever? That's not classic either :P
I like the idea of the server not progressing any further past Velious. Eventually the big raiding guilds will get bored and leave the server to all us casuals.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

3rd person view is one of the reasons i dont enjoy new MMORPG's next to UI's,gameplay etc. First person all the way always.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably a *much* better idea would be to open a 2nd progressive server from scratch and let everyone start all over again (if they'd like). Give people something new to do while Veilous is still in the distance. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Then people could start at level 1 all over again, work toward getting their abu boxes, guises, mana stones, etc. Build up their new raid guilds, new chance to chase after dragons and planes and what not.
Dividing server pop is a terrible idea
Old 10-31-2012, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

3rd person camera and char control is horrible in EQ. If you played something like EQ2 or WoW just for a little bit, you realize how smooth their camera controls are, and how cumbersome and clumsy your char feels in 3rd person in EQ.

However with SoD+ expansions EQ1 has greatly improved camera/3d person controls
Closed Thread