Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suspect concussion works even when resisted. At least I am fairly sure the warrior +hate proc works even when resisted, so I don't see why the wizard -hate spell should fail.

In my personal opinion Wizards are a top tier raiding class just like Rogues, Warriors, Clerics, and Monks. They aren't a very complicated raiding class, but then raiding is not very complicated.
Not going to say complicated but there is a fair bit of skill and coordination that is required for rushed encounters. Especially the harder vp dragons and the way trak is done now.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Aviak

Biggest problem I encounter raiding on my wizard is mobs moving around too much and I have to cut casts short and reposition for belly casters. This is probably due to my wizard primarily being used for CT, Gore, and Inny, all of which are hectic fights.

Other than that, it's all good times!
Old 11-05-2014, 04:04 AM
Kobold

Wizards have always been high demand in raid guilds. It's the leveling up part that sucks.

Get t-flux staff, jboots and just quad kite your way as soon as you get Bonds of Force.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:04 AM
Fire Giant

The problem with wizards is that their damage spells are not that much better than the competition, while at the same time it's often the only thing they can do in a fight. So you trade almost all versatility for a little bit extra burst damage. For damage per mana the wizard is actually the worst caster class. Every other caster has more mana efficient damage abilities with the only ecxeption of AE spells. Everybody else has DoTs or charms or pets that totally trump the wizard DD spells mana efficiency.

Oh i forgot clerics. Clerics actually are less mana efficient with their damage spells, even for undead, but there they get close. But clerics usually don't have to rely so much on that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 11-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

You chose the best class in the game pretty much. Good solo ability, ports to get around fast, good in groups, great on raids. There's no other class that can has even 3 out of these 4 things.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

Hmm... let's see.
1) Good solo ability. That maybe true at higher levels, earlier soloing sucks.
2) Ports. Right, you have a point.
3) Good in groups. What game are you playing? Wizard is probably the least wanted class in any group.
4) Great on raids. Well... yes, but far from the best.

Point 3 is the biggest problem of the class, not one of its assets.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

I can comment on raiding on a wizard. I do not play him for exp or farming.

On P99, wizard agro can easily be mitigated by your tank dumping a mallet and a few other clickies into a mob. I will not advocate that this is classic wizard play but it works here.

A great wizard with a solid tank will top the DPS and Damage done charts on all fights in Kunark. And will normally never need a healer or bard resist songs if they gear out appropiately and buff themselves properly before each encounter.

I normally only play my wizard outside of VP. On Gore I have done up to 10k damage in a normally balanced 30 man raid. Normal damage in our raids where our raid dps is quite high is closer to 3-7k on most fights.

Velious will move the wizards to a mid tier damage dealer until bane spells are released. Wizards can normally sustain their damage with very little outside assistance in terms of heals or buffs etc. so raiding guilds welcome wizards with open arms.

As for positioning on your wizard, if you find that this an issue, try and use spells with lower cast times (inny and ct where the mobs bounce) . Or position yourself behind your tank if you doing mobs such as Gorenaire where the push can be predicted. Then after each cast, adjust your position in accordance with the push rate, prior to casting your next nuke.
Last edited by getsome; 11-05-2014 at 02:52 PM..
Old 11-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You chose the best class in the game pretty much. Good solo ability, ports to get around fast, good in groups, great on raids. There's no other class that can has even 3 out of these 4 things.
Enchanters and Shamans have 3 of the 4.

Unless by "great on raids" means they stack well with others of their class.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm... let's see.
1) Good solo ability. That maybe true at higher levels, earlier soloing sucks.
2) Ports. Right, you have a point.
3) Good in groups. What game are you playing? Wizard is probably the least wanted class in any group.
4) Great on raids. Well... yes, but far from the best.

Point 3 is the biggest problem of the class, not one of its assets.
Agreed on number 3. Leveling a wizard is pure torture. Wizards are the class you power level after you already have other 60s. I can bang out a wiz 1 to 60 in a week or so with casual chardoking 45 plus.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can comment on raiding on a wizard. I do not play him for exp or farming.

On P99, wizard agro can easily be mitigated by your tank dumping a mallet and a few other clickies into a mob. I will not advocate that this is classic wizard play but it works here.

A great wizard with a solid tank will top the DPS and Damage done charts on all fights in Kunark. And will normally never need a healer or bard resist songs if they gear out appropiately and buff themselves properly before each encounter.

I normally only play my wizard outside of VP. On Gore I have done up to 10k damage in a normally balanced 30 man raid. Normal damage in our raids where our raid dps is quite high is closer to 3-7k on most fights.

Velious will move the wizards to a mid tier damage dealer until bane spells are released. Wizards can normally sustain their damage with very little outside assistance in terms of heals or buffs etc. so raiding guilds welcome wizards with open arms.

As for positioning on your wizard, if you find that is an issue use spells with lower cast times (inny and ct where the mobs bounce) . Or position yourself behind your tank if you doing mobs such as Gorenaire where the push can be predicted. Then after each cast, adjust your position in accordance with the push rate, prior to casting your next nuke.
Only had belly casting issues with ct when people aren't in position or when that class r guild was killing a mob and our tank got ping pong summoned. Twas the best.
Closed Thread