Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Kobold

Default Healing a Player Should Result in Faction Hits

Healing a PC Fighting a Mob with factions and the mob dies, should get the healer a faction hit. It gets you on Agro/threat, but doesn't get faction if the mob never hits you.

Confirmed Not working today.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:25 AM
Developer

What mob, what zone?

H
Old 08-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What mob, what zone?

H
Chardok. Whole Zone. But was tested in Droga as well a while back.

To my knowledge this is the way it has been since the Sit agro Changes. a while back, game wide.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Healing a PC Fighting a Mob with factions and the mob dies, should get the healer a faction hit. It gets you on Agro/threat, but doesn't get faction if the mob never hits you.

Confirmed Not working today.
This isn't necessarily true. Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't.

I'm sure you can find some posts about clerics in CH chains from velious that never got faction hits. Example:

EQClerics 2001

Quote:
It seems that whenever I cast CH alone to heal someone in say icewell keep, I do not get the desired faction hit.

Is this a bug? working as intended? Somewhat annoying to have to A) land a spell or melee for more than 0 damage, or B) cast a non CHing heal, even tho the lvl 1 spell does the trick, who wants to waste a spell slot on that?
Quote:
I've also noted this in Velious, not anywhere else. Heal people fighting, no faction loss (or gain, for that matter).
^This guy gets disagreed with on the "Velious only" clause

Quote:
hm I dun get faction hits anywhere with CH.

I've been healin a warrior who's been kicking dwarfies at docks in BB no faction hits.
Quote:
I like to use Strike (Level one DD) to ensure faction hits.

Little mana, fast casting, low resists.

Healing alone has never caused a faction hit to my knowledge.
etc. Working as intended. You have to cast a spell or melee to get faction hits sometimes. Sometimes a heal is enough though.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Kobold

Interesting.

Anyone know what the Mechanic behind the "sometimes" is? Is it mob specific or is there something a healer can do to ensure it happens?
Old 08-31-2014, 04:45 PM
Developer

Sometimes is only supposed to apply in Velious.

I do not know why this is currently happening. It should be doing faction hits for healing.

Investigating .... still. Spent about an hour trying to track it down, no luck so far.

H
Old 08-31-2014, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

played a cleric during velious. when we were killing something i wanted faction on (in kael for example on vindi/statue etc) I had to pop a lvl 1 nuke or swing a stick onto the guy in the window between ch chain casting. it was annoying as all hell when you forgot
Old 08-31-2014, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Also, if you FD before mobs dies you shouldnt get a faction hit either unless it's broken by a spell or an ae before death
Old 08-31-2014, 07:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I do not know why this is currently happening. It should be doing faction hits for healing.

Investigating .... still. Spent about an hour trying to track it down, no luck so far.

H
Awesome, thanks man!
Old 08-31-2014, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

H
Sometimes was just noticeable during Velious, cause thats mainly when people cared about faction.

If you read through that thread people say it has always been like this.

As for what causes it, I have heard a variety of explanations. Random role, type of heal (CH vs. spot), type of mob (intelligent mobs notice heals, stupid ones like undead/zombies/goblins/orcs don't), etc. Though I haven't heard anything definitive as to what causes it and what doesn't. But generally speaking a heal should not get you a faction hit.
Closed Thread