Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:39 AM
Orc

Default So Unrest on this server?

Two groups claim every named and every mob in the house other then the general? Is that how its supposed to work here?
Old 05-28-2010, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

There are other dungeons. Try Runnyeye =)

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 05-28-2010, 05:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are other dungeons. Try Runnyeye =)
Yeah I plan on it but I was just wondering if that is normal for this server.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Orc

The rules aren't 100% clear to me, but it is my understanding that you can only claim the mobs that spawn at your camp - where your party is physically located.

If a group is camping in the tower with the Knight and no one else is about, they are free to go about pulling whatever they like. If another group shows up, that group can set up camp wherever it likes as long whatever they are pulling doesn't spawn where the first group is located. If the first group wants to 'claim' more than what is found at their camp, they would have to split the party up, and each subgroup would have to be capable of killing what they are camping without assistance from the other subgroup(s). If the whole group left the tower to smack something else and the second group comes in while they are gone, the second group can now claim that camp.

Someone with more time on the server can correct me if this is inaccurate. The best rule though, as in all things, is to share and be fair, and not to be a dick about it.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leokaiser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rules aren't 100% clear to me, but it is my understanding that you can only claim the mobs that spawn at your camp - where your party is physically located.

If a group is camping in the tower with the Knight and no one else is about, they are free to go about pulling whatever they like. If another group shows up, that group can set up camp wherever it likes as long whatever they are pulling doesn't spawn where the first group is located. If the first group wants to 'claim' more than what is found at their camp, they would have to split the party up, and each subgroup would have to be capable of killing what they are camping without assistance from the other subgroup(s). If the whole group left the tower to smack something else and the second group comes in while they are gone, the second group can now claim that camp.

Someone with more time on the server can correct me if this is inaccurate. The best rule though, as in all things, is to share and be fair, and not to be a dick about it.
Sounds fair to me
Old 05-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Sarnak

This is a correct interpretation of the rules of the server as enforced by the GMs.

Sadly, actual player behavior in-game can differ from this somewhat when no GM is about to enforce it.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

In Unrest there is usually an upstairs group, a 1st floor group, a basement group, and then a few wall groups out in the yard. That's pretty much how it's always been.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

There are at 4 other dungeons that work for the same level range as Unrest.

Don't follow all the sheep.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Orc

And people complain that the population on p99 is not high enough. Which is it guys?

World's first MMORPG with true family systems
Player-created villages, dungeons and items
Dynamic weather, monsters and events
Old 05-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

P1999 is full of minmaxers who, knowing what's what this time around, want to try to maximize their XP/loot with mininum effort/risk. Which means after like level 6, the population is unevenly distributed across all the zones, with the heaviest concentrations in Crushbone, Unrest, Oasis, Sol A/B, and UGuk/LGuk, probably until individual spawns are camped. Hell, even in Crushbone last night, you have high levels that should have graduated and moved onto other zones coming back to pull half the zone to twinks/alts to powerlevel them (legitimate groups be damned!) because of the ZEM there.

Moving the heavy concentration of people out of these zones begins with us. No one is going to move out there individually with an unpopulated zone. Start suggesting these other places to the groups your join up with when you start getting about one pull every 3 minutes. God knows there's enough druids in the game, have the one or two that are probably in your group port you over to the Karanas and take advantage of all the spawns you can pull in Runnyeye. Or wherever. It's gotta be better than the ZEM from Unrest restricted to camping the same 3 spawns every 18 minutes or whatever because it's camped all to hell.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread