Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Sarnak

Default Agility and AC; question(s)

I am not well versed in how AC works.

I know some people studied it and have extensive knowledge, so I will ask rather than incorrectly assume, here are my questions:

Is it worth it to look for agility the AC benefit?
How much agility = 1 AC?(7?)
Does agility "really" help with avoidance?
Does this agility AC work better/worse/the same as armor/shield AC?

Thanks in advance.

- Eliphas Levi
Old 03-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Kobold

From what I have found, for warriors at least, there is virtually no benefit of sacrificing AC for agility unless you somehow have less than 75 agi.

For example, an items combat value is equal to its AC, plus one for every 1pt of Str, 15 HP, 6 Dex, 6 Agi, and 5 Sta. And for every 1% haste increase, add one to the CV.

I believe my warrior has like 97 agi unbuffed, so my focus will be on raising AC, Str, and Dex in the future. In short, from what I have read, agi has the least amount of impact on your defensive capabilities as long as your base stat isn't below 75.

Hope this helps some!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavrefamn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is it worth it to look for agility the AC benefit?
No, almost never

How much agility = 1 AC?(7?)
depends on class, even warriors get a pretty crappy return (4:1 or something bad like that)

Does agility "really" help with avoidance?
Supposedly, but not enough to warrant losing any ac for it

Does this agility AC work better/worse/the same as armor/shield AC?
TBH I don't remember for certain but from what I recall, it counts towards AC alot differently but I would be hard pressed to tell you how.
In short, agi on an item is an added bonus, but should probably never influence you to pick something with less ac, or agi over hps or str. AC is pretty much god atm, hp's jesus, and str the holy spirit. AC > HPS > STR > DEX > w/e (altho some will probably argue that dex > str to some degree, dependent on alot of other factors like what gear you have, unbuffed stats, etc etc)

I wish I had more concrete numbers to give you, but it's been 11 years since I played my warrior. I might see if i can find the post on here about AC and link it for you. *disclaimer: No examples used here are tested, proven, hardcoded or anything like that. This is what I remember (poorly I'm sure) from live circa 2000 ish

Edit: ok, from a post in January here, http://samanna.net/eq.general/effects.shtml section 4 arcticle blah blah blah., for full post search armor class on p99 and look for jan 2012 date
Last edited by leezard; 03-20-2012 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: Link
Old 03-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Thanks guys.

Definitely not putting points into agility.

- Eliphas Levi
Old 04-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Strength is fairly pointless unless you're getting encumbered. It has no influence on defensive mechanics or aggro generation. It increases your DPS by a little bit, but due to the way aggro works, that extra damage is applied after aggro is calculated. Basically, when you swing your weapon, you generate an amount of aggro determined by the raw damage value of your weapon - doesn't even matter if you hit or miss. All that matters is the weapon ratio, your haste, and any procs your weapons might have.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Aviak

Last edited by BlackTriad; 06-17-2012 at 12:14 AM..
Old 04-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTriad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess nobody has any numbers on how agility factors into riposte, parry, dodge, or block?
The only player number that factors into defensive skill success frequency is the skill number itself. Dex/Agi/etc. do not influence them at all.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

I don't think it does.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quick rule is if you have a peice you want to replace with another that has AC and AGI instead of just AC for example is swap them and just watch your AC.. if its lower dont replace, if its higher its better then the original one was AC wise. Though sacrificing +15 hp like the above said for 1 ac... probably not worth it, while AC is very nice yes...
Closed Thread