Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Orc

Recently Discharged Honorably from Ft. Campbell, served with the 1-320 FAR, 2ndBCT 101st ABE. DIV.

Getting ready to spend government money for college, on what major I have no clue, haven't had to solve a problem with math for what seems ages.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Kobold

What kind of vehicle and what problem are you having Ayrik?

Officer of Divinity
Old 04-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsynweap84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recently Discharged Honorably from Ft. Campbell, served with the 1-320 FAR, 2ndBCT 101st ABE. DIV.

Getting ready to spend government money for college, on what major I have no clue, haven't had to solve a problem with math for what seems ages.
No kidding? I also served in Ft. Campbell about 7 years ago, 3-187 / 11B.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 04-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsonka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What kind of vehicle and what problem are you having Ayrik?
2001 Volvo s40 130K miles. It has a hard time starting, and when it does smoke comes out. I know it's fuel related...i think. Also I've had it stall on me in the middle of turns. I also have a slight overheating issue. And a moderate oil leak. Lol..but I love it.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Kobold

Hard start as in excessive crank time and is this condition more likely to happen after it sits for awhile? Possible faulty fuel pressure regulator. One of the jobs of the fuel pressure regulator is to prevent fuel from draining out of the fuel lines back to the fuel tank. If this part is faulty you will not have available fuel pressure at the engine to start the vehicle, you will have crank the engine long enough for the fuel pump to build up adequate pressure.

Slight over heating + hard start + smoke out of the tail pipe like it is running rich? On Volvos the ECT (engine coolant temp sensor) likes to fail. This is the sensor that tells the cars ECU how warmed up the engine is so the vehicle can perform calculations such as air / fuel mixture. Failure of this sensor often happens because the engine thermostat failed and due to their close proximity the t-stat failure caused the ECT sensor to fail. In fact at my dealership we always install a new t-stat when we replace an ECT sensor. With your comment of smoke coming out of the tail pipe this may be a possibility. The ECT sensor is faulty causing the air / fuel mixture to be rich partially flooding it on starting and your comment of slightly over heating may be due to the thermostat.

Is the check engine light on? The fuel pressure regulator likely would not cause a warning light when the ECT sensor could.

If you are the kind of person to replace parts yourself be advised that depending on your ECU software driver version you may very well have to download the latest and greatest ECU drivers for a replacement ECT sensor to function properly.

Officer of Divinity
Old 04-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Kobold

professional ddoss'er, maybe you've seen my work?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Banned

Default What i do for a living

Currently I work for fedex doing shipping Logistics for major companys. I however in my offtime build gaming computers , and mod out video cards with chips etc and sale them. As well as being a fulltime Father.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Kobold

Hopefully your children are not home schooled.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsonka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hard start as in excessive crank time and is this condition more likely to happen after it sits for awhile? Possible faulty fuel pressure regulator. One of the jobs of the fuel pressure regulator is to prevent fuel from draining out of the fuel lines back to the fuel tank. If this part is faulty you will not have available fuel pressure at the engine to start the vehicle, you will have crank the engine long enough for the fuel pump to build up adequate pressure.

Slight over heating + hard start + smoke out of the tail pipe like it is running rich? On Volvos the ECT (engine coolant temp sensor) likes to fail. This is the sensor that tells the cars ECU how warmed up the engine is so the vehicle can perform calculations such as air / fuel mixture. Failure of this sensor often happens because the engine thermostat failed and due to their close proximity the t-stat failure caused the ECT sensor to fail. In fact at my dealership we always install a new t-stat when we replace an ECT sensor. With your comment of smoke coming out of the tail pipe this may be a possibility. The ECT sensor is faulty causing the air / fuel mixture to be rich partially flooding it on starting and your comment of slightly over heating may be due to the thermostat.

Is the check engine light on? The fuel pressure regulator likely would not cause a warning light when the ECT sensor could.

If you are the kind of person to replace parts yourself be advised that depending on your ECU software driver version you may very well have to download the latest and greatest ECU drivers for a replacement ECT sensor to function properly.
Yes my check engine light is on, all the codes are leading to my cylinders which are misfiring. what you are saying about ECT makes a lot of sense and I wouldnt be surprised if thats the issue. As far as the Fuel pressure regulator, that would also explain the long cranking, and the very rough start as if it wasnt getting enough fuel.
Last edited by Dac321; 04-07-2010 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: Forgot some stuff
Old 04-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Banned

Default he

Actually Blink my only child is two years old , so for the moment she is homeschooled. S he will be going to private school when she is of age.
Closed Thread