Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Orc

Default Weird aggro in general

I'm posting this here to see what others thing because I could just not remember it correctly and don't want to post it as a bug if that is all it is. However I really feel like something is off with aggro in general on P99.

Granted I have only been on this server for 2 weeks but while playing my enchanter the past few nights, it is way to easy to pull aggro. I can wait and take no actions until a mob is at 50% hit points, cast a single tash on it and the mob is running for me. This is with a Paladin with an above level sword (read twink sword hehe) hitting the mob pretty often for 28 (cap for his level) as well as casting some level 9 spell on the mob (forget what spell he said it was but it makes a few white colored balls around the target).

I notice this a lot with pets as well, not just when the paladin is tanking. It can be a charmed pet tanking, or a necro pet tanking and you can rip aggro just the same with a single spell cast. Heck with pets just sitting is enough aggro to make the mob want to run toward you instead of the pet until the pet gets about 4 or 5 rounds of combat in. I know sitting aggro when first sending in the pet used to cause this, but it was usually ok after the first round, not 4 or 5 rounds.

I do not remember aggro being this easy to rip with spells or off pets in classic...

What do other people think / remember? Am I just misremembering, or does spell aggro seem off to you guys as well?
Last edited by Menaan; 02-20-2014 at 05:29 PM..
Old 02-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Pet aggro is majorly screwed atm, but it has recently been addressed by some of the Devs. It was nerfed ~2 years ago because raid mobs were being taken down with a slew of pets
Old 02-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like debuffs grant too much hate

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Its probably not this, but don't forget rogues will evade and put themselves to the bottom of the aggro list every so often.

I've seen a monk pull in KC, bring it to the camp, enchanter tashes, rogue backstabs, rogue evades... mob goes for enchanter.

For another thread, but if you had a SK tanking it would be locked on him, but SKs don't get groups on this server because of the min/max assholes.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Aggro is flaky here. You'll get used to it.

You had a Paladin tanking and he couldn't hold aggro? If this was 2010 and Flash of Light was still broken, I'd sympathize. However, the spell works now and has for some time. Your tank wasn't using his spells enough. Either he was out of mana or he was simply slacking. Ask him if he was having mana problems next time you talk to him.

Pet aggro is reduced here due to issues with them in raids as noted above.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 02-20-2014 at 05:35 PM..
Old 02-21-2014, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like debuffs grant too much hate
Old 02-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Wait till he groups with a Warrior tank!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with Danth. With a Paladin tanking, you shouldn't be pulling aggro at 50% with a single tash, as long as you were keeping a bit of distance from the mob.

Imo, there's two things wrong with aggro on P99:

1. "White damage" doesn't generate enough aggro. This is one of the reasons that tanks are so reliant on mallets and proccing on p99.

2. Pets don't generate nearly enough aggro.

Debuff aggro feels accurate on my shaman.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Debuff should generate hate that is scaled with the mobs hp

Which is why enchanters got dead a lot with velious targets for the first few months until the aggro revamp
Old 02-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Debuff should generate hate that is scaled with the mobs hp

Which is why enchanters got dead a lot with velious targets for the first few months until the aggro revamp
From what I understand, here, any type of negative effect left on the mob gives 500 hate. Stun/Snare/Debuff of some kind & I believe DoTs too.

Pretty sure it wasn't a static value across all spells just because they held that type of status change. Especially DoTs such as Splurt which are pure damage only and have no other negative effects.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread