Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It isn't the fact that they are enforcing it... it's the "Oh rack up another 30 accounts in my super awesome 2 box basher belt". It comes across like she is having the time of her life banning people. It's just not good PR, but they may not care.

Also, they make clear points that interacts between the GM's and players aren't public knowledge, yet they choose to broadcast that... comes across as a double standard, they don't want it public knowledge unless it give them a power trip/rush....
Old 03-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrubermn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It isn't the fact that they are enforcing it... it's the "Oh rack up another 30 accounts in my super awesome 2 box basher belt". It comes across like she is having the time of her life banning people. It's just not good PR, but they may not care.

Also, they make clear points that interacts between the GM's and players aren't public knowledge, yet they choose to broadcast that... comes across as a double standard, they don't want it public knowledge unless it give them a power trip/rush....
It's GREAT PR to announce 2-boxers have been banned. I'm happy when policies that are enacted are enforced. Keep up the crusade against 2-boxers Amelinda!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's GREAT PR to announce 2-boxers have been banned. I'm happy when policies that are enacted are enforced. Keep up the crusade against 2-boxers Amelinda!
Keep telling yourself that, while the real boxers playing 4-5 toons get loot while you stand around LFG at zone-in. Majority of these bans are against people with IP exemptions.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AGAIN.. not arguing against the enforcement.... it's the attitude. I have the same issue with Rogean. I love what they are doing, just not the attitude that goes with.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrubermn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AGAIN.. not arguing against the enforcement.... it's the attitude. I have the same issue with Rogean. I love what they are doing, just not the attitude that goes with.
You get what you pay for?
Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep telling yourself that, while the real boxers playing 4-5 toons get loot while you stand around LFG at zone-in. Majority of these bans are against people with IP exemptions.
Just curious. But you know this how? Or you just talkin out yer pooper?
And ppl with ip exemptions aren't ever boxing then? I'm sorry but your opinion ( for really, that's all it is ) seems pretty uninformed.

And for the broadcasts, I guess you only read the parts you want. She clearly said she didn't want to be banning ppl. I like knowin something got done myself and you really don't know pr if you think an occasional public announcement dealing with enforcing server rules is bad. Only ppl I would think it would bother are guilty ppl. There's that opinion thing again..
Old 03-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
You get what you pay for?
Precisely... if at any point the attitude puts me off that much... I'll just stop playing. It isn't, and I'm having a lot of fun playing, so *shrug*. I used to be a Guide on live, so I guess I have a different experience with customer interaction. This server obviously is not live, nor is it pay to play, so I can only imagine the frustration level with people crawling out of the woodwork and demaning all the hard work, and then attacking on a personal level. It's all non-sense....

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And for the broadcasts, I guess you only read the parts you want. She clearly said she didn't want to be banning ppl. I like knowin something got done myself and you really don't know pr if you think an occasional public announcement dealing with enforcing server rules is bad. Only ppl I would think it would bother are guilty ppl. There's that opinion thing again..
I was referring to the in game broadcast, not her post in the forums. I KNOW she doesn't like having to do it, but if you only play the game and don't read the forums, you might not get the impression from the wording used in the broadcasts.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
I was referring to the in game broadcast, not her post in the forums. I KNOW she doesn't like having to do it, but if you only play the game and don't read the forums, you might not get the impression from the wording used in the broadcasts.
If you only play the game and don't care about forums and drama, you're not going to care about Amelinda's broadcasts either.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you only play the game and don't care about forums and drama, you're not going to care about Amelinda's broadcasts either.
And on Easter, we dye eggs so the easter bunny can hide them to celebrate the day that Jesus died on the cross. It makes about as much sense as what you just said.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And on Easter, we dye eggs so the easter bunny can hide them to celebrate the day that Jesus died on the cross. It makes about as much sense as what you just said.
You forgot to add that we THAN ALSO EAT THE HOLLOW BUNNIES and their delicious cream filled eggs....

Wait, bunnies lay eggs?
Closed Thread