Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 05:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuosos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kedge is definately better than solb
Until you get a rape train heading towards you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] or you forget to EB ;p I've only been to kedge once and it was nice exp. Solb Window / royals was better exp i think though.

I enchant things...
Old 04-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Hence why I was asking if this is the setup this server is using.

If not, then could somebody post what ZEM we are using so it can be added to the Wiki page?

Also to my knowledge, Kedge historically had the best ZEM in the game.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

kedge 5.0
all overs - worthless

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Aviak

Sol B is better exp all together imo. Lguk can be just as good if the gods love you and you don't get trained or are the victim of terrible pathing
Jeebus - Erudite Cleric
Old 04-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

I personally don't even look at ZEM. For me it's about exploring. Also, all of these zones have items that drop. It's fun to see what drops and what you can sell. If you want to enjoy yourself, don't go to the same place all the time to get the best zem. Some things are best left alone. And some of the places that don't have high zem have quests attached to them. Designers kept all of this in mind when they made zones. It's about balance.

There should be a club here named NoZeming or something. I'd join it. I'm a NoZemer. After all, this is a roleplaying game. You're supposed to play your character, adventure, do quests, not analyze webpages or walk-throughs! Roleplaying games are not fun if you're cheating all the time. When I load up morrowind or oblivion, I don't look at a website to find out where things drop. I just go there and find out. It's fun. MMORPGs have confused this. They've made cheating mainstream, almost acceptable. Why do we play our MMORPGs so differently? I've used web-pages like allahkazam in live eq, but now I'm beginning to question the consequences.

I've been playing here at p99 for a while. Not once have i looked at a web page. I try to ignore /ooc and /auction, but sometimes i click item links. I've stuck myself to one particular area and don't go running off to gfay or freeport like i see some people do. I have several low level alts, and i've even deleted several alts in a dare, and I'm still having a blast of a time playing. We don't need walk-throughs. You just need restraint. As a result of all this, I plan on making some craftsmen and selling goods to these far out places so people don't feel the need to run off to gfay or freeport to buy items. Erudin is a place that really needs some activity.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 04-29-2010 at 05:17 PM..
Old 04-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally don't even look at ZEM. For me it's about exploring. Also, all of these zones have items that drop. It's fun to see what drops and what you can sell. If you want to enjoy yourself, don't go to the same place all the time to get the best zem. Some things are best left alone. And some of the places that don't have high zem have quests attached to them. Designers kept all of this in mind when they made zones. It's about balance.
Hear hear. If you're on the server to grind and hit 50 in the minimal time, to me you're on the wrong server. Head over to another emu server and you can grind to 75, and have open access to lots more content! The Classic experience to me should be all about experiencing the content, not finding the best zone to grind in to 50 then bitch about not having access to end game encounters because uber_guild_000 has them all down within 15m of the spawn...

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hear hear. If you're on the server to grind and hit 50 in the minimal time, to me you're on the wrong server. Head over to another emu server and you can grind to 75, and have open access to lots more content! The Classic experience to me should be all about experiencing the content, not finding the best zone to grind in to 50 then bitch about not having access to end game encounters because uber_guild_000 has them all down within 15m of the spawn...

Regards,
Mg
Right. My point is if you have all the answers in front of you, then all this game is is 1 to 50 and group gear to raid gear. EVERYTHING becomes a grind once you have all the answers. The enjoyment is completely exterminated in the process. If you like to grind, i guess, and live to do it, then maybe you would enjoy it.

Aside from that, looking at these ZEM to guide you is misleading. As I said in the first post, the designers took everything into account when they assigned EM to zones. Just because a zone has a lower ZEM does not make it any worse. They had to balance EM with other factors. There're many items that drop that would be worth selling or wearing. There're quests to do. There's lore to learn. There's new content to wonder at. Now that I think of it, this is misleading in the same way it's to think that any single class is the best class.

And even if it were true that a particular zone is the best zone, it doesn't matter much if you already know everything there is to know about that zone. Then it's meaningless. Once you know everything about it, there're no surprises and there's nothing to wonder about. At that point, it's just a grind. There's no better way to kill a game, or to kill your enjoyment of it, then to learn everything too soon by reading walk-throughs.

So I am willingly ignorant, but I roleplay a character trying to learn, within the constraints of norrath. Remember, that phrase? You're in our world now. I take that phrase to heart. It's like when I read a book. I don't want to know the ending. I don't want to know what happens to the characters. I wouldn't want to read it if i already knew. The joy is that I don't know what's going to happen. I exist in that book when I read it.

That's what's so different about my time here at p99. On the live servers, I mostly played allahkazam and eqtraders.com and the guild website and guild chat and quest printouts and task windows (basically walk-throughs) and eqplayers.com and 40+ hotkeys and the map window wherever i went and the same instance over and over again and etc. I didn't really play the game. How did my time at live eq get so bad. It's like there was a big obstacle blocking me from the game, and on p99 it was removed and it's refreshing.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 04-29-2010 at 06:01 PM..
Old 05-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

Regardless of all your thoughts on why people should be here, and the grind to 50 the exp modifiers should be as correct to classic as we can get them.

I for one would love a list of what we are using here, and then comparing what information we can find to make sure it's correct/accurate.
Closed Thread