Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

I like dark elf for SK, they actually have a mana pool.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Kobold

So important cause it drains so fast with disease cloud!
Old 07-15-2014, 02:16 AM
Sarnak

I suppose I should rep for the Trolls =)

Play whatever you like the look of. I'm addicted to regen. Others aren't skilled enough... err... don't like to play without frontal stun immunity. In the end, if you aren't having fun, you're doing it wrong.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If not Iksar. You're wrong.

If class can be Iksar, it should be iksar.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

If you play troll/ogre - don't expect to pull out of the castle in Mistmoore too easily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Repping Erudite. My SK is soooooo smart.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If not Iksar. You're wrong.

If class can be Iksar, it should be iksar.
Mackaroni <Seal Team> - Human Monk
Old 07-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
So important cause it drains so fast with disease cloud!
Actually, my friend has a lowbie ogre sk, and he is constantly out of mana and we have to stop pulling if we want him to hold agro. Twice as much mana means less downtime, especially if soloing. That is less pronounced at high level, but Sk's still run out of mana when grouping. People on p99 that play knights tend to view them only as tanks that have better agro, ignoring their spells, some of which are highly useful.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Repping Erudite. My SK is soooooo smart.
best looking plate or an sk also
Old 07-17-2014, 04:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, my friend has a lowbie ogre sk, and he is constantly out of mana and we have to stop pulling if we want him to hold agro. Twice as much mana means less downtime, especially if soloing. That is less pronounced at high level, but Sk's still run out of mana when grouping. People on p99 that play knights tend to view them only as tanks that have better agro, ignoring their spells, some of which are highly useful.
I agree to say that at lower levels it might make a little difference (though then again at lower levels the mana return per INT point is less I believe, so you'd want +mana gear rather than being a DE if mana is an issue).

With that said, I'm an Ogre SK and I don't remember going through serious mana issues at any point, though I did most of my leveling with an enchanter admittedly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] A slightly larger mana pool gives you a tad bit more of autonomy when soloing, but really a tad, and is that little extra mana really offsetting the extra DPS & HPs you'd have as an Ogre for the same soloing purpose? I'm not so sure.

In groups, the point is moot because as long as you have Breeze/C1/C2/bard song according to your level, you should not be running oom even if the group is killing very fast. One SV per mob is enough between 2 DCs at pull and you can go on keeping aggro with DC only after that, and DC costs virtually nothing. Possibly, at lower levels when fighting fleeing mobs you might need a small break eventually to med up that mana lost from casting engulfing or so, but that's solved in your 40's with the BE gauntlets (which become less often used once you get 54ish and have C2 around).

TL;DR: If you want mana, get a clarity, don't be a Dark Elf.
I understand why people would want to play a Dark Elf for a SK. It's by far the most fitting race from a RP perspective, Dark elves look awesome and you're not a dumb fatty. But don't pretend it's for the stats, please. Having 2000 or 2300 mana Ogre vs DE at lvl 60 doesn't change shit, it's all about mana regen and smartly consuming it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]