Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 12:46 AM
Kobold

Default What does the skill "Taunt" work?

I've played for a few years in live server. As a sk tank, i read some post that said

"successfully Taunt =you got (1+ copied hatred from the top one in the target's hate list) hatred"

and yes, i have read the wiki here==> http://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Taunt ,which doesnt explain the detail mechanic for hatred changes while you successfully/not successfully taunting.

my question is this still working on Project1999? does taunt do anything if the mob is attacking me which means i am the top one on its hatelist.

should i bind the /do 1(taunt skill) in my hotkey with others skill like bash/disease cloud or /pet attack ?
Old 07-24-2014, 04:37 AM
Kobold

taunting has a chance to work and a chance to fail. Usually if the mob is higher than you, forget about it. If the mob is blue, good chance it'll work. It gives you the same hate as the highest person on the list +1. So if, at inc, a shaman casted slow and you manage to taunt right after, you're in a comfy position on the hate list already.

Luckily, unlike em poor wars, even when taunt fails, you can just use DC/SV/darkness and get a lot of quick threat anyways.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter888 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does taunt do anything if the mob is attacking me which means i am the top one on its hatelist.
taunt only works if you don't have aggro
Old 07-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Banned

Use taunt to snap aggro back to yourself when it is off you. Combine with a kick or slam to help put a little extra hate on that list.
Closed Thread