Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Aviak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If not Iksar. You're wrong.

If class can be Iksar, it should be iksar.
^ This
Old 07-18-2014, 08:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like dark elf for SK, they actually have a mana pool.
It's my favorite SK as well.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

dark elves are so common though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Human
Old 07-19-2014, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human
Seconded. Two starting cities to choose from, well-rounded base stats and passable faction for a good majority of zones/quests.
But imo it all boils down to greenmist vs. the lunging, full-swing 2hs attack animation.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Good races can't be SKs.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree to say that at lower levels it might make a little difference (though then again at lower levels the mana return per INT point is less I believe, so you'd want +mana gear rather than being a DE if mana is an issue).

With that said, I'm an Ogre SK and I don't remember going through serious mana issues at any point, though I did most of my leveling with an enchanter admittedly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] A slightly larger mana pool gives you a tad bit more of autonomy when soloing, but really a tad, and is that little extra mana really offsetting the extra DPS & HPs you'd have as an Ogre for the same soloing purpose? I'm not so sure.

In groups, the point is moot because as long as you have Breeze/C1/C2/bard song according to your level, you should not be running oom even if the group is killing very fast. One SV per mob is enough between 2 DCs at pull and you can go on keeping aggro with DC only after that, and DC costs virtually nothing. Possibly, at lower levels when fighting fleeing mobs you might need a small break eventually to med up that mana lost from casting engulfing or so, but that's solved in your 40's with the BE gauntlets (which become less often used once you get 54ish and have C2 around).

TL;DR: If you want mana, get a clarity, don't be a Dark Elf.
I understand why people would want to play a Dark Elf for a SK. It's by far the most fitting race from a RP perspective, Dark elves look awesome and you're not a dumb fatty. But don't pretend it's for the stats, please. Having 2000 or 2300 mana Ogre vs DE at lvl 60 doesn't change shit, it's all about mana regen and smartly consuming it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Delete and roll a troll,you know you want to

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Old 07-26-2014, 09:23 PM
Banned

whichever one looks best in ec tunnel nameeeeen
Old 07-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
best racial perk.
Disagree. If your defensive stats and AC are high enough, how often do you get stunned from the front? once every 10 minutes? So once every ten minutes you've saved yourself the trouble of not being able to swing for 4 whole seconds.

How about regen.

Active 100% of the time

Valuable outside of combat and in combat alike.

Reduces downtime by half, or more.

just sayin. Troll or iksar FTW.

Though my first choice on Blue was Dark elf; Don't have to worry about tight spaces, high int, and sweet sweet skull helm graphics.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:28 AM
Kobold

@Xer0, we all agree that regen is a nice perk and that it will cut downtime big time, which is nice with 68% exp malus isn't it. Clearly leveling wise, iksars and trolls have that edge especially since ogres are close behind exp-malus wise.

However, in an end-game/raid setting, regen hardly serves any purpose compared to ability to land FD if you're pulling, or your spells if your tanking, without being interrupted.