Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-14-2020, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

June 2020 - Windows 10:
I got the MIDI music to play using virtualMIDIsynth and using the 1mgm.sf2 loaded first and synthusr.sf2 2nd. I confirmed the midis played through it by toggling its volume down to 0 when a midi song would play in game. Sound is more nostalgic, less clashing instruments. Make sure that virtualMIDIsynth is set to autorun(will be on your taskbar programs).

I might make a seperate thread or if someone has a link to this info....but i noticed not all the MIDI songs are in game, or maybe I am wrong. for example there are over 400 MIDI tracks for classic everquest:
"These are the 422 EQ MIDI files that someone extracted from the XMI files in the EQ directory and posted on the EQ forums a few years ago. These are Jay Barbeau’s performances, they aren't cleanly synced to beats and measures like sheet music."

https://sites.google.com/site/everqu...est-midi-files

So my question is, for example, in character select the MIDI character creation music does not play, is there a way to fix these "midi gaps" i am craving total MIDI bliss here.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:33 PM
Orc

I did a Midi fix in 2017, I didn't get much of a response in this thread, I think that it was partly my fault as I linked to one of my Twitch streams. Main problem with that is they deleted the video after 60 days.

I have however uploaded another video, this time to YouTube. If you want me to capture any other MIDI from zones around Norrath let me know and I'll put up another Vid. I cannot really get to places like Cobalt Scar though as my highest toon is around level 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ikot8EEtQ
Old 06-16-2020, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

The Hero we don’t deserve.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
June 2020 - Windows 10:
I got the MIDI music to play using virtualMIDIsynth and using the 1mgm.sf2 loaded first and synthusr.sf2 2nd. I confirmed the midis played through it by toggling its volume down to 0 when a midi song would play in game. Sound is more nostalgic, less clashing instruments. Make sure that virtualMIDIsynth is set to autorun(will be on your taskbar programs).

I might make a seperate thread or if someone has a link to this info....but i noticed not all the MIDI songs are in game, or maybe I am wrong. for example there are over 400 MIDI tracks for classic everquest:
"These are the 422 EQ MIDI files that someone extracted from the XMI files in the EQ directory and posted on the EQ forums a few years ago. These are Jay Barbeau’s performances, they aren't cleanly synced to beats and measures like sheet music."

https://sites.google.com/site/everqu...est-midi-files

So my question is, for example, in character select the MIDI character creation music does not play, is there a way to fix these "midi gaps" i am craving total MIDI bliss here.
A+
Old 06-16-2020, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did a Midi fix in 2017, I didn't get much of a response in this thread, I think that it was partly my fault as I linked to one of my Twitch streams. Main problem with that is they deleted the video after 60 days.

I have however uploaded another video, this time to YouTube. If you want me to capture any other MIDI from zones around Norrath let me know and I'll put up another Vid. I cannot really get to places like Cobalt Scar though as my highest toon is around level 20.

Need the Dagnor's Cauldron middle island song. After duplicating Knuckle's instructions everything sounds great except Dagnor's. It is missing the bongo drums.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need the Dagnor's Cauldron middle island song. After duplicating Knuckle's instructions everything sounds great except Dagnor's. It is missing the bongo drums.
with just your description it sounds like you are describing eruds crossing(soundtrack).
Old 06-17-2020, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
with just your description it sounds like you are describing eruds crossing(soundtrack).
No, different tune.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:11 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After a few mishaps I managed to get to the island to capure the tune, I had a request for Neriak Third Gate so included that aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDKCbRTrXfg
Old 06-18-2020, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

how do we utilize these midis from youtube?
Old 06-18-2020, 01:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lilcea, may i ask what this "fix" was exactly? and the name of the soundfount's used if any. I've been trying to get the midi tracks sound like this for a long time and while I'm close, its not a close as this.

Here's an example of how my West Freeport gate track sounds.
https://streamable.com/yhedtx