Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned

7 second greater healing seems bad =p
Old 11-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

I understand that most of the weapons will be obsoleted by epics, but some classes may still benefit from VP loot for a long time coming.. For instance

Razor Sharp Short Sword has a better ratio than Ragebringer, and will probably not be obsoleted till Late velious? I dunno. I stopped playing rogue on live at the end of kunark, so I kind of stopped knowing about that stuff..

What I want to list are goal items, maybe not for every class, but I do want every major major goal item to be represented..
Old 11-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This x1000

HBB much like yourself I don't really know which is BiS and bad ass/super rare over which is just another item. That's why I mentioned the cloak from PD (Shroud of veeshan). It's the only item I know of that is super awesome and should be on the list.. the rest meh. 41% haste boots are pretty neat, the shaman clicky is awesome but I'm not sure what other clickies from VP are the bees knees (sow sword maybe?).

tl;dr
Shroud of veeshan should be on the list, idk about anything else.

Edit: Ok I took some time to look at the list. Here's what I see:
Shroud of Veeshan (PD)
Robe of the Azure Sky (PD)
Hammer of the Dragonborn (SW) Seems to be hands down the best clicky from VP

Then more debateable imo:
Grey Suede Boots
Fatesealer
Blood Orchid Katana
Yunbbs earring
Crown of Rile

Aside from that everything else is mostly either weapons that get replaced or offhanded for epics, caster 2 handers with 80-100mana and mediocre clickies or caster robes with utility clickies.
This is exactly what I need. Please more people post lists like this. Please list items duplicated in other lists so i can see consensus.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

You don't replace RSSS until killing tunare at the earliest, it's one of the truly good weapons that should drop. I like mcbard's list + that.
Last edited by Shiftin; 11-22-2011 at 05:39 PM..
Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

OK there is a pretty good TR consensus going on here, and more support from TR is always welcome, but in the interests of keeping this thread part of the server conversation, what I specifically need now is consensus from TMO posters (as representatives of the only other guild able to tackle VP mobs so far) and consensus from other guilds or individuals as far as what they want to see in this post.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone can agree on:

Robe of the Azure Sky
Shroud of Veeshan
Hammer of the Dragonborn

My short list beyond those 3:

Crown of Rile
Grey Suede Boots
Shissar Apothic Staff
Bo Staff of Trorsmang
Razor Sharp Short Sword
Robe of Invocation
Old 11-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Kobold

Not sure why so many are "debating" grey suede boots, almost every haste item has a place on the firsts thread already and would be strange not to include that one.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Sarnak

grey suede boots are the best haste item that drops and isn't a sky quest, they should definately be included.

Everyone can agree on:

Robe of the Azure Sky
Shroud of Veeshan
Hammer of the Dragonborn

Crown of Rile
Grey Suede Boots
Shissar Apothic Staff
Bo Staff of Trorsmang
Razor Sharp Short Sword
Robe of Invocation
Blood Orchid Katana
Old 11-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

looking at the Server First list, it's hard to say what should and shouldn't (excluding VP trash drops).

Looking at the past, some random items are up there that definitely got replaced. I think when looking to see what should be added for VP, go with what is most sought after for the time period (VP pre-epics).

definitely add
Robe > Crown > Cloak

Next inline
Dragonborn hammer > Grey Suede > earring

Possibles
Trorsmang > RSSS > Shissar Apothic Staff (whatever it is that gets removed) > best tankerton sword.

I think if one item from a category gets added then the others should be as well.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trystych [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why so many are "debating" grey suede boots, almost every haste item has a place on the firsts thread already and would be strange not to include that one.
You're absolutely right. All haste items have been traditionally included in this post, partially because they were at one time the best single items any player could obtain, and partially to stave off arguments I was getting from people. In any case, I want to continue the tradition, and your use of the word "almost" kind of bugs me. What haste items are missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
looking at the Server First list, it's hard to say what should and shouldn't (excluding VP trash drops).
Again with the gem-inlaid gauntlets, right? :P
I got those fuckers before anyone could port. It was an achievement!! I swear it was!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Seriously - Any items can be added here for many reasons. Most prominent on the list of reasons is rarity, but difficulty to obtain an item and also how it affects the class (best in slot, or highly coveted status).. For instance, Weight of the Gods is neither rare nor difficult to obtain (assuming you're in PoS killing stuff), but I bet most that have dropped are still being worn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking at the past, some random items are up there that definitely got replaced. I think when looking to see what should be added for VP, go with what is most sought after for the time period (VP pre-epics).

definitely add
Robe > Crown > Cloak

Next inline
Dragonborn hammer > Grey Suede > earring

Possibles
Trorsmang > RSSS > Shissar Apothic Staff (whatever it is that gets removed) > best tankerton sword.

I think if one item from a category gets added then the others should be as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone can agree on:

Robe of the Azure Sky
Shroud of Veeshan
Hammer of the Dragonborn

Crown of Rile
Grey Suede Boots
Shissar Apothic Staff
Bo Staff of Trorsmang
Razor Sharp Short Sword
Robe of Invocation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjlent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
grey suede boots are the best haste item that drops and isn't a sky quest, they should definately be included.

Everyone can agree on:

Robe of the Azure Sky
Shroud of Veeshan
Hammer of the Dragonborn

Crown of Rile
Grey Suede Boots
Shissar Apothic Staff
Bo Staff of Trorsmang
Razor Sharp Short Sword
Robe of Invocation
Blood Orchid Katana
Thanks guys, I'll develop a consensus based short list in the next week or so.