Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the raid force should be present at the time of turn in tbqh...
Impossible, when 8+ clerics are in the lair clicking nonstop. That means your guild would be camped out/socking it with you for a 72 hour window.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Banned

Well let's say I turn it in first but my raid isn't there.

"Hey, they'll be here in 8 hours or so"

Seems kind of silly to claim "dibs" cuz you turned it in first and have ownership if it until you manage to kill it. I'm looking at this from an enforcement stand point.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well let's say I turn it in first but my raid isn't there.

"Hey, they'll be here in 8 hours or so"

Seems kind of silly to claim "dibs" cuz you turned it in first and have ownership if it until you manage to kill it. I'm looking at this from an enforcement stand point.
You're looking at it from a point that makes no sense. Ragefire won't be up for 8hrs after a turn in.

Ragefire will need a GM every single time it spawns (presently) due to the way it is being handled and the way it is set up. Multiple clerics spamming an empty space waiting to trade an npc the exact moment it spawns is hilarious. NPC's have been eating items in failed trades. So now you have multiple clerics spamming an npc the moment he spawns and multiple clerics having no pearl a split second after he spawns.

That situation is just completely retarded. Either it needs a mandatory rotation with heavy consequences for being broken or it needs to made into an "whoever gets xp from the kill, get's the loot".
Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Banned

I think Zordak is a hot enough issue given how shit goes down here that a GM should be there, yes.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Kobold

It is not difficult to redo the pearl to summon ragefire. Nor is ragefire particularly difficult. If you don't think you can kill it within 20 minutes then you have no business turning in the pearl.

I would be very surprised if the clerics involved do not come to some of first in first out rotation agreement over time that will make this particular rule void. Having 50 people sitting around the spawn all trying to win the pearl hand in lottery will get old extremely quickly.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

A rotation is a great idea. Cleric epic is too cool, and its lame to be greedy about such a broken camp
Old 01-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Aviak

the clerics who have currently invested significant hours at ragefire are attempting to work out a solution.

so far, peace talks have been VERY successful and great progress has been made.

We do not expect to see more clickfests. It is quite simply completely unhealthy for any of the clerics to continue to do what we have been doing. As any cleric that spent the 71.9 hours spamclicking can tell you, Our nerves are shot and our carpal tunnel is actin up. We(I think I speak for everyone here) don't really like looking over our shoulders for someone to drag a pet in the middle of the cleric circle. Last ragefire we had 5-10 clerics at a time spamclicking. Seven pearls have been lost since Getsome's ragefire. Thats 7 times clerics had to redo their epic. Granted its not a huge delay, but the stress of having to go recamp an epic and try to get back into the lair, all the while hoping Ragefire doesn't pop simply isn't worth it.

Ragefire is currently only an issue because its a once a nagafen spawn.

Once it goes back to how it was in classic, it will get easier.

There will be peace in SolB. soon.
Last edited by Kole1; 01-13-2012 at 08:56 PM..
Old 01-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think Zordak is a hot enough issue given how shit goes down here that a GM should be there, yes.
I think a GM shouldn't have to be there. I think the situation that causes shit to go down should be solved by both sides (players and GMs)
Old 01-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Sounds like the majority of clerics are favoring an agreement in the spirit of the play nice policy. Have the players compose and submit it to the GMs. Then publish it and ban any cleric who goes out of turn, and give anyone who assists them a month vacation.

If 90% of the clerics / guilds can come to an agreement then the outliers of them can get on board or beat it. You are talking about like 2-3 people who are almost certainly not worth having around anyways.

Edit: think I meant to post this in the ragefire thread, but I think the point stands that the rules lawyering and bickering is ridiculous. Perhaps time to take a stronger stance on above all an enforcement of the play-nice-policy.
Last edited by messiah_b; 01-16-2012 at 06:26 PM..
Old 01-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Sarnak

of course if you happened to belong to IB and intentionally train both golem towers back to back when another guild has two groups standing on each golem tower in fear before this was posted, you get off scott free.

Apparently it wasn't clear that intentionally training the entire zone on another raid TWICE was frowned upon, or that "oops it was an accident...oops again" was a good enough excuse to get you out of trouble
Last edited by williestargell; 01-20-2012 at 10:27 PM..
Closed Thread