Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Sarnak

Default Warrior Epic: Ancient Blade - Queen Vela'zul Di'Zok

Just posting, we have killed her twice now since epic release, and she has yet to drop the Ancient Blade, from our best recollection it should be 100% can you please confirm / deny and check that it has been added to the loot table appropriately, Kelendil and myself (Sworen) were to be awarded these blades on the 2 kills.

Thanks,

Sworen
The Mystical Order
Old 01-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Kobold

Default Ancient blade did not drop from queen in chardok

Thought this was a 100pct drop rate in classic. Two kills, no blade. What gives?
Old 01-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Submited by: Ragorn On: 4/13/2001 12:40:43 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
Okay, heres the news. This is one of the tougest pre-velious mobs you will see. She hits around 300, and has a 2400 nearly unresistable hp DoT over 4 rounds.

I'm not kidding.

Here is how you do it, a whole guild of about 30-35 people at least fight to the overking room. (Which isn't an easy task in itself) Don't use pets until you get to the King room. After you whack the overking (he WILL cheal 3 times) stay in the room for the next set of repops.

Kill the repops in the king room, you have to move fast. Then have someone pull a few from queen room with the superior camo and call of the heros. Now, you NEED 2 tanks above level 58. Buff them to high heaven, i'm talking all ya got. Have all mages make FIRE pets.

Now, assign 2 clerics to both fully buffed tanks.

The tanks should have very low delay weapons, two lamentations are good.

Now have several enchanters ready, this is your queen squad. The tanks charge in and engage the Queen, the clerics stay out of melee range and chain cast devine light on the tanks. The enchanters mez all the mobs that may still be left in Queen room. The mages send there fire pets in after the Queen AFTER the two tanks engage.

The rest of the raid should be clearing repops from the king area.

The queen only has about 16000 hitpoints and doesn't heal. The tanks should be able to taunt effectively with low delay weaps. She will die really fast if you do everything properly

This all has to be done really fast, after you clear the 2nd spawn from king room start buffing and pulling immediately

The queen doesn't drop the blade for warrior epic every time which is very aggrivating.

I hope this helps
http://web.archive.org/web/200107080...how&BID=267709

Which would suggest you are incorrect unless you have evidence pre-April 2001.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Sarnak

Read Daldaen's post on Kelendil's post, but please confirm its in game.

Thanks,

Sworen
Old 01-03-2012, 08:06 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Working as Intended.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 01-04-2012, 12:55 AM
Kobold

0/4 queens and counting.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelendil_Arclight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
0/4 queens and counting.
bad luck on a RNG is not a bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Working as Intended.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

So is it the march 14th 2001 patch that addresses the drop rates?

See Source: http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010314.html

Epic Quests:

As part of the Plane updates, we've made several adjustments to Epic quests for a number of classes. Previously, questers of many classes were put in direct competition with regular non-questing adventurers for a few coveted spawns. In these cases, a new step has been added to separate the "Epic Encounter" NPCs from the "Epic Quest" NPCs.

For those who are mid-quest, all quest requirements have remained the same. In other words, if you turn the same items into the same NPC, the same reward applies. What has changed is that some components may be in a different location from where you expect them. It is recommended that you check with the last NPC in line or other adventurers to find where you need to go next.

Im starting to feel like you guys enjoy the drama of it all. Why not just make the final changes that Verant deemed neccessary? I am just not getting it I guess. If was coding all this and implementing these changes Id try to follow the KISS principle. Huge cock blocks on multiple Epic piece farms is really going to turn off the population from even wanting to do these in the first place. I am not saying it should be easy... but it should be doable without keeping your guild hostage at spawns so you dont risk loosing a mob you need for epic. Its all going to be 1 big giant cluster.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Project Manager

The queen spawns every 2 hours. What is the big deal here.

Quote:
Im starting to feel like you guys enjoy the drama of it all. Why not just make the final changes that Verant deemed neccessary?
Because when creating something, we start with its classic implementation, and work from there.

Quote:
If was coding all this and implementing these changes Id try to follow the KISS principle. Huge cock blocks on multiple Epic piece farms is really going to turn off the population from even wanting to do these in the first place.
Not everyone will have their epic. I hope everyone realizes this.

For those reading, who didn't play classic EQ, some epics were all about cockblocking. Some of them can be completed easily compared to others. i.e. Rogue, shaman, enchanter, and even paladin.

If you're wanting a clicky res stick for a cleric, well, that's gonna hurt.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

I'd guess the issue is that queen is pseudo challenging due to the AOE. But if you're already down there for cleric scrolls it shouldn't be too bad.
Closed Thread