Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Kobold

Default Server Issue: PoF Desynchs

For the past 3 weeks there have been extreme desynch issues in plane of fear when CT is up.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Project Manager

Can you explain what happens?
Old 02-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Kobold

Things appear as normal until CT gets engaged then shortly after the fight begins the entire zone whether they are fighting or not get desynched. There have been 80+ in fear lately but until recently that has never been an issue.

CT location and HP appears different to clients, and attacks stop registering.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Could this be related to the troubles with logging in that happen several times a week? Sometimes even several times a day. I'm talking about the times when no one can get past server select until Rogean wiggles a wire or flips a switch somewhere.

(Amelinda could probably check her text message history for a somewhat accurate list of how often she has to get him to "fix" the connection from server select to blue.)
Test Server : Tanulie
Old 02-13-2012, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

Just spitballing, but I think it is login related. When 1 guild engages CT, the other mass camps out to avoid the DT cycle. All of those people moving from fear to server/char select at the same time may be the stressor. The desync comes about 30 seconds after the initial DT based on my logs this week, supporting this theory.

I was out dragging and couldn't camp right away at 1 cycle where someone got golem aggro (ie DT cycle) and i desynced on the way back to camp with everyone relogging to clear aggo.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Kobold

The PoF desynch fest has been going strong for an hour now and continues to do so.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Yesterday, CT also ran (or appeared to run) beyond the western boundaries of the zone about 25-30 seconds into our second engage to a point where we were unable to pursue him. He basically just took off running for the Northwest corner, and once he got to it, he continued on (along with many of the mobs in the zone) his path despite it being off the zone map. I didn't see what happened after that as he DT'd me from beyond the wall shortly thereafter.

I know I was not desync'd at the time (standard ping, mobs were still pursue'ing me and I could still run into them and they would melee me as normal up until I was DT'd), so it would seem like a major bug that just has never made an appearance before.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Banned

when a zone has 120 people and every mobs in the zone comes is being affected your going to have alot off issues. I expect the syncing issue to continue but as the the pathing, there might be something to work out there
Old 02-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Banned

This is not an anomaly.

We have seen this with FB, DA, and now TMO. This is not a new thing to this group of people.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

Harrison, if you were there you'd know we had 35 max at any point. And we were just as affected by the desynch as IB/VD. Considering they had many more than us in their force, what your implying would actually give them a huge advantage, not us lol. We were down to at some points 16 in zone from a combo of DT's and LDs. To get back on point, this is a serious issue I'd like to see resolved. And also this isn't RNF, so please go troll TMO somewhere else.
Last edited by Fountree; 02-19-2012 at 12:28 PM..
Closed Thread