Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Go to the other servers that are fully custom and have bosses like that. Big warning: 90% of the time you will encounter boxers who would rather not invite you to a "raid kill" because their 4-12 bot army runs efficient enough. If you can round up a force to kill these "hardcore bosses" why not join the raid game and just kill the bosses at your disposal and progress your character?

Developers have enough to worry about with Kunark/Velious, imo.
Last edited by Fleury_P99; 07-06-2011 at 03:17 PM..
Old 07-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the odds that lootless, xpless, raid mobs could be done as an event more frequently?
you are not suggesting a one time thing.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

I suggest only that it be done. I implied that I would like to see the event more than once, but to draw a definitive conclusion from my statement that this should be permanent (when other, equally valid, interpretations exist) is reaching.

That said, I have edited my original post for clarity so as to address your complaint. With that being done, I look forward to your helpful input.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:22 PM
VIP / Contributor

If people volunteered to do something like this for the challenge, with no loot involved, there would really be no limit aside from my own spare time (which is very limited). Events are generally done rarely because a) people bitch about the loot being too good/too bad, often simultaneously, and I hate nothing more than people bitching, and b) you can't have event loot entering the server too often for obvious reasons. The July 4th event happened on a suggestion from Tiggles. If I don't have to be creative and plan the concept, tuning the fights and content is something I can do very quickly.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I still don't see a reason behind needing an NPC to spawn raid mobs that aren't even from the current game just because people want something "different" or "fresh"?

Would it be hard to do? Probably not. Create an NPC, make some perl quests to spawn mobs, have the mobs created. I just don't see how it is, in any way, a positive addition to our Kunark-era server. There are a ton of servers below P99 on the server list for people who want to kill "super hard bosses" whenever they please.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, I fail to see why a temporary event like this would harm the server. Judging by your arguments, I assume you protested just as vociferously against previous events, including the one you recently participated in?
You trivialize future content by allowing people to battle these bosses before they are actually put in the game on the natural timeline. It's called delayed gratification. If you can spawn any boss you want by snapping your fingers, those actual raid encounters in the "real game" are less significant.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Banned

Better idea, try to recreate classic events with the loot they actually provided.

Even better, don't announce them way before hand.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

I just think this is not a good idea whatsoever. If all you're looking for is input that supports your idea, which you label "helpful input," then I've got nothing for you.

According to what I know of the server and the development team, this is just not going to happen. Maybe as a one-time thing there's more of a chance, but I still doubt it.

Again, I have no authority and don't speak for anyone that would actually have any say in implementation.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Awesome.

In my mind, it'd be a week so where guilds /random for rights to have an uncontested evening tackling the mobs in The Arena (or wherever)

Maybe do a ring or series of spawns with bragging rights to the guild that gets the farthest. Start with Weakish mobs (Velketor, Lord Dolojjojijij-Bob, and move up to Vindi, Tormax, Unrooted Tunare, and finally AoW)

Just set an NPC outside the arena, and give each guild/raid leader a token to spawn the first mob which will drop the 2nd token. Set the NPCs to depop at like 3 AM PST once the guild's evening is over.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Orc

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Might want to move this to flames.
Closed Thread