Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea those no good pieces of *shit* haven't looked at the 93289th armchair HOW 2 MAKE A SUCCESSFUL PVP SERVER EVEN THOUGH I'VE NEVER EVEN LOOKED AT THE EQEMU SOURCE thread where someone lazily stated the obvious in bullet points

I mean I'm all for constructive discussion but leave the fucking sense of entitlement at the doorstep. Because that's part of the problem and the second any volunteer dev sees a bunch of red server players demanding crap is the second they say "lol fuck these guys" and go spend their free time on something else.
I agree with you, but you also have to understand they have left us with no updates in a long, long time. I'm saying it to hint to them that we have gotten zero feedback from any gms in over 3 months.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

I'm still struggling to find any evidence of a sense of entitlement or a demand in there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] United States education systems clearly letting me down.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:39 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still struggling to find any evidence of a sense of entitlement or a demand in there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] United States education systems clearly letting me down.
Have you ran a PvP server? Most of the people from EQ's PVP community do everything in their power to win, get their class better than others, anything they can do to get an advantage they will do it. Some may argue that it's part of PVP to outsmart your opponent, but I disagree on that in some form.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 07-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you ran a PvP server? Most of the people from EQ's PVP community do everything in their power to win, get their class better than others, anything they can do to get an advantage they will do it. Some may argue that it's part of PVP to outsmart your opponent, but I disagree on that in some form.
I was referring to this thread. I'm not denying that the majority of the pvp community is full of dickheads and assholes, including me. Would just be nice to get a heads up once every 6 months or so on the status of the server, or if it was canned. Does that mean i'm sitting here demanding it and feeling a sense of entitlement? I don't think so.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with you, but you also have to understand they have left us with no updates in a long, long time. I'm saying it to hint to them that we have gotten zero feedback from any gms in over 3 months.
Yeah I am admittedly out of the loop with this. I don't know what was promised or of the staff interaction here.

I think expectations for any project like this should be very very low though. Pressuring or guilt tripping the developers won't help any, and neither will "HERE'S HOW SHIT SHOULD BE DONE IN 5 EASY STEPS" threads created by players. Lack of updates usually means they're either too busy or simply don't want to work on it.

This is a reliable motivator though.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Banned

Fund raiser? Oooohh, nothing like a good door to door scam. Let's do this.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Kobold

Why should exp be so much faster for a pvp server? It's supposed to be harder for reds to level lol.

20% bonus over blue1999 sounds about right, and only so we can hopefully steal some of their players.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I can't remember the last successful pvp server launched in the EQemu server. VZ/TZ? Prior to that shit-storm, it was what...a pvp server that was built up for months and then crashed and burned after 2 months live? These servers never last.

Things that have made every pvp server pretty much a fucking wasteland: use of MQ2/ShowEQ cause most people fail at this game, GM's giving shit away to friends, or devs don't balance properly, stupid ruleset, bluebies going to a pvp server thinking they are "hard" and they leave after three days of being camped.

The need for a pvp server is there, but because of reasons listed in this thread - it will never be successful in any way
Last edited by Fleury_P99; 07-06-2011 at 04:32 PM..
Old 07-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought you got confirmation from a credible source that is was TBA in the oncoming years
Old 07-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You forgot

6) Active (as in if you don't have someone online 24/7, you're going to hear about it) GM staff who will volunteer their time for free + absorb verbal rapings on a daily basis while maintaining full composure, get paid nothing, and babysit several hundred players who will constantly be having problems since it's an Everquest PvP server which means it's easier to grief other players than just about any MMORPG ever released.

Good luck finding half a dozen Sirkens
My ideal pvp server ruleset would make it so very little gm intervention is required. Realistic? i dont know but if gms come up with tons of rules that require constant supervision its just creating more work. I dont know what rogean and null can and cant do but if some type of hack prevention/logging can be created i would think that would catch and deter alot of people. Stuff like training,bind camping, corpse camping always gets both sides pointing fingers at each other and in past pvp server there was not a 100% accurate way to determine who started it and at times the GM had to make a judgement call that id say was around 50% accurate. Im grateful for gms but i think some rules just cause more problems compared to just letting alot of them being player controlled
Closed Thread