Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Default Spawning Velious+ style raid mobs for giggles

Since the 4th of July event (which was great), a few of us have been batting around the idea that it'd be awesome if we could have a few more trial runs at some hardcore bosses.

What are the odds that lootless, xpless, raid mobs could be done as an event more frequently?

There could be a trigger NPC in The Arena that would spawn Tormax, Yelinak, Tunare, etc on demand so that there's no socking or competition for the spawns during the designated event.

I'd personally love to see that; any chance we might get a shake at some of those fights soon?

-Xasten

EDIT:

PROPOSAL:

Each guild that wants it, gets a single evening to have an uncontested attempt in The Arena at said raid mobs. The guilds can sign up on the forums, /random, WHATEVER.

The raid leader is given a token he hands to an NPC which spawns the first mob(s). Each boss drops the token to spawn the next mob. This is a chance for the GM/event staff to flex their creative prowess, and it gives the players a fun and entertaining evening.

Mobs will be only for bragging rights. No loot, xp, or anything of the sort. This should have no impact upon the server's mission, is a limited time event (that is repeatable at the behest of the GM staff).
Last edited by Frieza_Prexus; 07-06-2011 at 04:09 PM..
Old 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Unlikely. coming from a source of no authority.

But really, I doubt it. That's basically instancing (which is the main difference between classic eq and other mmos), AND you're stretching beyond the current expansion.

And please don't reiterate that it'll be lootless and expless; honestly, that just makes it worse.

Again, source of no authority.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

I don't get how that's anything like instancing.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
And please don't reiterate that it'll be lootless and expless; honestly, that just makes it worse.
How does that make it worse? It's just a bunch of people voluntarily assembling to kill something that should have no competition and no reward beyond personal satisfaction.

Personally, I just want to do the fights, and I find the prospect exciting. I fail to see how that would tread upon the purpose of the server, or hurt anyone else.

Again, where's the harm in having "Raid mob week"?
Old 07-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Like this shit would ever happen and not drop loot/exp. People would then cry and bitch about that whenever guilds end up wiping.

"WE DIED SO MANY TIMES WHY THE HELL DIDN'T WE GET ANYTHING FOR IT?!?!"
Old 07-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I just want to do the fights, and I find the prospect exciting. I fail to see how that would tread upon the purpose of the server, or hurt anyone else.

Again, where's the harm in having "Raid mob week"?
not classic brah.

/thread

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Old 07-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Yeah I'm sure you'll get tons of people to waste time, xp, and money to throw themselves at velious bosses with kunark gear for no reward in one of the most remote locations in the game.

Wish you the best of luck in your ventures.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

I would definitely go raid a target for the fun of trying it, even if there were no reward. But it's not the way the classic game worked, so it's outside the scope of this project.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 07-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There could be a trigger NPC in The Arena that would spawn Tormax, Yelinak, Tunare, etc on demand so that there's no socking or competition for the spawns.
This is instancing :P

No exp or loot makes it worse because it's implementing a little arcade game within our world of Norrath. EQ is different from wow because warcraft is a game, and EQ is a world.

There are no little jokes referencing the outside world (except for little things like qeynos, tunare, or felwithe, which no one would really ever realize are anagrams until someone points it out).

There are real consequences for taking risks. If you want to travel from odus to faydwer as a level 1 erudite, dayum you're in for a ROUGH TIME. I remember being a little shit and traveling, for the first time, beyond the safety of EC. Some bitch took me to misty thicket. I was TERRIFIED running through WC; giant bears that conned red all over omg. Step too close and I was done for. Kithicor? I don't even remember because I buried the needle of the shit-my-pants gauge.

And most importantly,
There is no instancing. Norrath is a world. Yeah ok nagafen has lived and died a lot. But there is only ONE Lord Nagafen. You don't roll up to the fg prep area and hail some dude that says "ok hand me a copper piece and you'll enter a parallel dimension in which nagafen exists."

But it's a game and we want to have fun! right?
Yeah but go play wow.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
There are no little jokes referencing the outside world
Ah, I think understand now. It's a good thing we've never had an event with something crazy like Brosama bin Floggin as an NPC.

Oh wait, we have.

Again, I fail to see why a temporary event like this would harm the server. Judging by your arguments, I assume you protested just as vociferously against previous events, including the one you recently participated in?

-Xasten
Closed Thread