Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default EQ experience part 2 - End game choices?

Hello again Red Server!

As I continue to progress on the server my friends and I are starting to get closer to the magical level 50+ mark. I knew from the start that I was going to want to do some end game content and to do this it seems you really need to join a guild. For what I wanted my end game experience to be, it became clear that my choices were going to comprise of probably Nihilum or Azrael . Its actually really fun chatting with all the other new players on the server and seeing what they think of it each guild (Its like a giant popularity contest).

So what I am asking for next might be the hardest thing ever for some of you forum quest people. Try your best to not land this in rants and flames.

Can someone give me an UNBIASED overview of how the end game world is looking right now? (Aka which guilds are doing well, who is seeing what content, etc).

and

I am not a complete pixel whore, but just like anyone else playing I do enjoying finding new loot! How badly will I hurt my experience of finding new up gradable gear 50+ if I do decide to join a guild that is not the top team right now? More importantly, will I still get a chance to see most content if I am brave enough (and don't mind dying a bunch in PvP haha)?

Keeping in mind that all I get so far is the gossip of OOC, the forums, and some of what people say down the water works.
It comes off like Azrael is the under dog and that Nihi has the superior numbers in most cases. As far as my personal interactions - i have never had any major negative, nor positive interaction with Azrael. While with Nihilum I have had both extremely positive and negative ones (Its a PvP server, it happens!). So I really find both guilds to be equally likable so far.

I honestly like the idea of joining the side that is fighting harder to survive - because I believe a PvP server is most healthiest when you have two (or even three) equal teams duking it out against each other. As mentioned before though, Id also really like to see some of the end game content!

Some veterans care to share some advice? Id like to make a good guild choice and stick with it. As opposed to hopping all over the place.

Oh... and if you see me in CoM this week leveling up, you better run, I just found my Wu quivering staff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]! Whata bad ass!

-Oglepole 45 Monk
Last edited by Oglepole; 05-27-2014 at 02:46 PM..
Old 05-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Great read, good points and that part about those rabid monkies on acid. Oh that had me giggling like a young school girl.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Banned

Depends if youre into o.g. cheaters or new cheaters omho ;]
Old 05-27-2014, 03:50 PM
Banned

Both guilds have bad apples, to put it mildly. Both guilds have cool people, for example i like Thresh and Jezibelle in Azrael. Nihilum gets more raid targets. My experience is that azrael is more stingy on loot, will do stuff that will profit the inner core rather than the guild as a whole. But that was like a year ago. They got ripped a new asshole for it so maybe this has changed. Im in Nihilum (an app, actually) so take that into consideration. You also have most likely Azrael alts in Unrest killing noobs in rags saying "Nihi owns this place'', so if thats the sort of thing youd enjoy doing.

Nizzar (Nihilum lead) has definately some anger issues but i think hes a much better leader than lite (Azrael lead), as he will often do stuff that helps the recruits, will do stuff that benefit the guild as a whole. So i can forgive him the times where he will get angry because things arent going his way because in general, he helps people, gets things done for everybody, etc... He thinks in terms of the guild. Lite had us pull only the mobs that drop druid gear for andis in fear, and then geared out Andis's alt with an epic before even thought of helping other regulars out, because they werent part of the clique. Had us sit for 2 days in seb for hours waiting to get crushed in PVP while there was an xp bonus (this was during a time were grinding was slow) because "Some people dont wanna do that" (XP) IE people like lite, the inner core, who were already 60. Lite didnt do nothing for me and other "down belows" (he called himself and the clique the higher ups) so his shitty leadership didnt have nothing else going on for it. People will come here, post and flame me, but ive heard this story time and time again from people i never even met before, during my time in red dawn. Again, keep in mind my time in Azrael was a year ago or so.

Theres not alot of options if you want to do end game content. I guess if you like being the underdog for the sake of being the underdog, pick Azrael.

Both guilds to me have "toxics" but azrael sort of best of the best toxics, with people like Roberto (slathar), rellapse, smedy (makes fun of people because lol theyre in wheelchair)
Last edited by Tradesonred; 05-27-2014 at 04:09 PM..
Old 05-27-2014, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oglepole [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly like the idea of joining the side that is fighting harder to survive - because I believe a PvP server is most healthiest when you have two (or even three) equal teams duking it out against each other. As mentioned before though, Id also really like to see some of the end game content!-Oglepole 45 Monk
This is why it is always honorable to join Azrael. I will NEVER join nilly, because they have been the zerg-domination force for over two years, poopsocking PvE for an eternity, not even needing items but farming them just to cockblock/for alts. You have the Spirit of a Warrior within you. unleash it upon these scum!

In reality both guilds have some decent and some not-as-decent people. but nihilum just has more baddies than Azrael does. join azrael if you want to have fun being the underdawg, being good at pvp and having bros. join nilly if you want empty-hearted pixel collection, and maybe meet 1 or two friends. at first many ppl in nilly might seem nice, but this is just a sugar coating they put on. almost all of the inner-nilly circle are scum. the ones rotating on the fringes (like you would be) are the decent ones
Old 05-27-2014, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

More text more information preach it sisters!
Old 05-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More text more information preach it sisters!
Cant wait for people to take it to the next level in 20 years and have people say stuff like "reading is for fags"

3 paragraphs, TLDR, what am i to read all these words, stupid?
Old 05-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

As the others have said both guilds have good and bad players representing them. For me personally I found that Azrael had more trolls and greifers than Nihilum which swayed me in Nihilum's direction. As Trades said Nizzar has a bit of a temper but it's easy to look past it because he doesn't really hold anything against anyone and he does do plenty to help the guild as a whole. I don't know anything about Lite other than hearsay so I won't comment on him. I do however think Nihilum are the more legit pvp oriented guild. Azrael has resorted to training and other shady tactics alot recently which makes it harder to have respect for them. This is not a troll it is my honest opinion.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 05-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Banned

join nihilum which already has a massive roster if you want pixels faster

join azrael if you enjoy being the underdog, still can get geared pretty fast too though
Old 05-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

Default join

join nihilum

you seem like the type of guy that likes to be on the 50 side

in a 50 v 18 fight

unbiased opinion

you are a weak follower, just embrace it

Not one person has survived being an underdog with this kind of attitude. You need thick skin to take on a horde of neckbeards that never log out, never give up, and best of all pay off GM's to win.
Closed Thread