Find someone
Cast:
Ice Comet
Markar's Clash / Yonder
Ice Comet
Markar's Clash / Yonder
Ice Comet

You or opponent is dead by now.

Mage is about the same, send in an earth/air pet and chain Lava Bolt or whatever the highest one is. Victory is just slightly less guaranteed.

lol wut
Old 10-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Aviak

Hooray for balance!
Old 10-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Ice comit is iwin button
Old 10-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Except it isn't. With a 6.30 sec cast time and being easily resistable, it's not that hard to protect yourself against it. Coupled with the insane 400 mana cost, most wizards can only cast three of them. There's even a +35 CR cloak in Kedge, or a much easier +20 one in Everfrost. It's the easiest resist to raise.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except it isn't. With a 6.30 sec cast time and being easily resistable, it's not that hard to protect yourself against it. Coupled with the insane 400 mana cost, most wizards can only cast three of them. There's even a +35 CR cloak in Kedge, or a much easier +20 one in Everfrost. It's the easiest resist to raise.
I am going to disagree on the resist part. Regardless of how many cold resist items are out there people tend to stack magic resist mainly. I don't foresee the majority of players stacking cold resist unless there is an over abundance of wizards.

Lvling wise I think mage is easier then a necro in terms of not having do as many things to solo xp. Although wizard is slower at xp then a mage it is easier to play nakid because you don't have to have malachite on you at all times.

To the author of the thread. If you are looking for a guild and have ventrilo and a willingness to work at improving your EQ pvp skills send me a pm. I dont have a problem with people who just need some guidance in game.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

It's pretty common for well-geared people to have about 120 CR. Add a resist cold buff and you're pretty well off to take most of the sting out of an ice comet. Considering the long cast time and the fact that a wizard can probably only cast three of them, it won't be wizards who rule the world.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty common for well-geared people to have about 120 CR. Add a resist cold buff and you're pretty well off to take most of the sting out of an ice comet. Considering the long cast time and the fact that a wizard can probably only cast three of them, it won't be wizards who rule the world.
I am unsure where most people get these "easy to resist" quotes from...

I distinctively remember have 150-160 cold in classic and getting blasted for near full dmg alot in classic... This magical 150-170 range didnt all of a sudden make you immune to said spells (with the exception of magic based spell line) in classic at all... It wasnt till after you reached over 200 did this even play a factor in the cockiness of "Im well resisted prepped" and can feel safe in absorbing a decent amount of your spell damage.

To many Vz/tz resist code memories floating around.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Who's talking about immune? My point is that 140-160 CR would make you survive three ice comets fairly frequently (if you even let the guy get three 6.30-sec nukes off), and then the wizard is OOM. If you believe that 170 CR made little difference and that resist rates for nukes aren't decent until 200+, it's your memory that should be questioned. 100-120ish is where you start frequently shaving off a significant portion of nuke damage, 150-170 is when nukes become pretty unreliable, and 200+ is practical immunity. I hate to be that guy, but do you actually have any kind of memory of classic PvP? Your statement suggests you don't. If it took 200 to be merely decently protected against nukes, clerics and magicians would be among the strongest endgame PvP classes.

Quote:
To many Vz/tz resist code memories floating around.
That doesn't even make sense and is completely contrary to your own argument. Spells were harder to resist on VZTZ. I also didn't play on VZTZ for more than a few months.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Two sides far apart with the truth in the middle. You didnt need 200 resist to resist spells. All but the most well geared melee would be worthless.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

If you're worried about resists roll a necro! Lifetap pretty unresistable
Closed Thread