Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relapsee69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so many non lethal weapons in the inventory these days shit could of been handled with a bit of common sense.
yeah i suppose the cops could have closed to within 20 feet across open ground so they could mace,taze or beanbag a guy they thought was armed instead of staying behind cover so as to avoid potentially getting their head blown off by a lowlife.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Banned

why doesnt the police force have rubber sniper rounds? one shot to the crotch and gg
Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah i suppose the cops could have closed to within 20 feet across open ground so they could mace,taze or beanbag a guy they thought was armed instead of staying behind cover so as to avoid potentially getting their head blown off by a lowlife.
Beanbag rounds are plenty effective up to 50-60 feet. All the more so when you've got more than one person firing them.

It looks to me like this was a fuck-up due to incompetence and poor training. They wouldn't have sent the dog in if they planned to open fire. Someone was a bit too jumpy and got trigger-happy.

Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6476
Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

because rubber wont grip the lans and grooves in the barrel, which means rubber rounds have to be shot out of a shotgun and have a short range.

course even if they had some kind of incapacitating laser that was accirate from 3 miles it is better to shoot him 88 times so that the taxpayers do not have to waste 70 grand a year storing him for the next 50.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Banned

accurate
Old 11-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beanbag rounds are plenty effective up to 50-60 feet. All the more so when you've got more than one person firing them.

It looks to me like this was a fuck-up due to incompetence and poor training. They wouldn't have sent the dog in if they planned to open fire. Someone was a bit too jumpy and got trigger-happy.

Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6476
effective yeah, accurate no.

50 - 60 feet is approximately 20 yards.

a typical handgun is accurate to anyone trying to hit what their shooting to 50 yards, i can hit paper plates all day long at 100 with my glock 17, i sure as fuck would not risk getting shot and walk across a wide open space to get within range of my beanbag vs someone that purporetdly has the ability to kill me at twice the range.

real life is not call of duty, you dont respawn 15 seconds later.

no, instead i would sit behind the car for 12 minutes until he made a move then shoot him like everybody in the video did.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Aviak

Made me sick when they shot the dog....the dude? I don't give a shit about him, he's some crackhead just like my neighbors. The dog was just doing what it was trained to do, and they shot anyway.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Banned

yeah, idc what it means to me but I actually cared for the dog

when the black guy was kinda squirming around after the volley I say just pop a cap in his head and end it, at least
Old 11-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
effective yeah, accurate no.
Generally, the longer the barrel the better the accuracy. A 12 gauge with an 18 inch barrel firing beanbags is very accurate at 50 feet and effective up to about 75.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Here's a link to the Wikipedia entry for the incident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deandre_Brunston
Closed Thread