Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 01:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You honestly can't see the difference between huge changes like PoK teleports making the world feel small and heavy instancing ruining the game and stuff like not being able to tell what green mobs give exp and which ones don't and whether or not you have to press C to see what con a mob is?

Hint: There's a big f***ing difference. Certain changes made the game better. Others made it worse.
Its more a matter of feature creep, a slippery slope thing. So they leave this one thing in then the next thing that wasn't classic gets left out because they left this in, and so and so on.

There's already many posts on these forums that use that argument. IMO and its only my opinion, if it can be made classic easily (like this thing) then it should be regardless of whether its big or small.

And if its such a small thing then its really not worth worrying about now its been removed.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonoclastia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its more a matter of feature creep, a slippery slope thing. So they leave this one thing in then the next thing that wasn't classic gets left out because they left this in, and so and so on.

There's already many posts on these forums that use that argument. IMO and its only my opinion, if it can be made classic easily (like this thing) then it should be regardless of whether its big or small.

And if its such a small thing then its really not worth worrying about now its been removed.
Edited my previous post. Totally knew that you would respond with the slippery slope argument *sigh*
Old 06-25-2014, 01:52 AM
Fire Giant

jeez, people didn't even complain this much when they took the target rings away : p

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 06-25-2014, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

imo this should be voted on by the server.

the few simpletons `classic at all costs` will soon realise they are a minority and hopeful stop being a painin the ass.

However this server is run by mordor and not the parthenon.

dictators rulez i guess!

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 06-25-2014 at 02:14 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 02:16 AM
Aviak

I wish people who don't even play anymore and just troll p99 forums would stop weighing in. The changes in this patch have been very frustrating to deal with so far. Try cc'ing a caster that has a pet. All you see in the focus bar is "froglok dar sha". That could be the caster or its pet. Now the only way to tell is to try to find out which one hopping around on the screen has a brighter text color. This is a ridiculous level of difficulty only in place because of original developer oversight.

Try actually playing instead of being a weirdo who just trolls the forums 24/7. The changes are annoying as hell, add nothing to the game, and do not at all counterbalance the other non-classic changes still in game.

For example: Item links and multiple chat windows. Oh, what's that you say? Some people like GM Sirken enjoy the non-classic detail, so it stays? Come on. The rule is bogus and these idiotic gameplay-reducing changes need to be reversed.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edited my previous post. Totally knew that you would respond with the slippery slope argument *sigh*
Its a valid point. Consider is a command, much like hailing, its not supposed to be automatic. One thing though I'm not sure is working like classic is double clicking for consider. Doesn't seem to work but should.

Edit: you can just right click to consider so not much difference.
Last edited by Ikonoclastia; 06-25-2014 at 02:26 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 02:28 AM
Banned

ITT people who think the devs actually give a shit what they think.

it's cute
Old 06-25-2014, 02:36 AM
Kobold

inb4 rnf

edit:

also, I like the "internet tough guy" swanson, sending me a mesage then running away like a bitch

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

as I am zoning he messages me and then before I am done he is logged off. Man...you showed me for liking the changes to a more classic setting. And yes, I would sign such a petition for the old ui back. Item links too, cuz if we're going classic then let's make shit classic
Last edited by Seredoc; 06-25-2014 at 02:49 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 02:45 AM
Fire Giant

This thread is hilarious, all these young bloods bucking against the classic stallion.

Classic has and always will be the ultimate direction this server takes, sometimes it gets there slower for some things than others but it'll get there eventually. The server is free yo, if you don't like certain things you only have yourself to blame. You knew the M.O. before you even signed up.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 06-25-2014, 02:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is hilarious, all these young bloods bucking against the classic stallion.

Classic has and always will be the ultimate direction this server takes, sometimes it gets there slower for some things than others but it'll get there eventually. The server is free yo, if you don't like certain things you only have yourself to blame. You knew the M.O. before you even signed up.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Seredoc; 06-26-2014 at 02:55 AM..
Closed Thread