Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm simply voicing my concerns and how the changes negatively impacted me. Not ONLY these changes but the cumulative effect of the changes that have been made over the past year or so have made it so I almost don't even want to play anymore and that makes me really sad and I truly do believe the majority of players would agree with me on a lot of these changes but that's besides the point.
The server population has only been increasing over the past year despite content stagnation and mass bannings, so chances are that people
like the changes
don't care
or they don't like them but not enough to quit

In addition, there are several free EQ servers out there with a moderate playbase, such as Shards of Dalaya, but people are basically voting with their feet in that they want classic EQ, or something close to classic EQ, by crowding onto P1999
Old 06-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeyuuduu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server population has only been increasing over the past year despite content stagnation and mass bannings, so chances are that people
like the changes
don't care
or they don't like them but not enough to quit

In addition, there are several free EQ servers out there with a moderate playbase, such as Shards of Dalaya, but people are basically voting with their feet in that they want classic EQ, or something close to classic EQ, by crowding onto P1999
He's gonna tell you yore dumb.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Banned

No he's not dumb. He's 100% right. I think people do want an experience close to Classic EQ. But I believe there are certain classic EQ mechanics that serve no real purpose other than to be a nuisance and we are better off without them. I think the majority of people crave classic EQ content and gameplay. They don't want a lot of the classic EQ UI faults and oversights. Besides "It's Classic brah!" what reason is there to have green mobs that give exp and green mobs that don't give exp? Doesn't Light Blue make more sense purely logically?

Just saying. You can have the feel of classic EQ without the bullshit annoyances.

Edit: I chose "don't like them but not enough to quit"
Old 06-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Banned

lol what a crybaby faggot
Old 06-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward. Project 1999 is a free to play Emulated Everquest Server giving Players the opportunity to experience Classic EQ Once again, currently in the Kunark expansion and a max level of 60, with the look and feel of the old interface and several modifications making game mechanics similar to how the game used to be."

Straight from the front page, stop playing the victim.
Since you seem to enjoy repeating yourself ad nauseum. I never doubted that any of these changes were "Not Classic" nor did I doubt that P99 strives to be "Classic" I simply stated that these changes are stupid now and were stupid then and we'd be better off without them. You can have the fun of classic EQ gameplay without all the dumb shit.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bangbang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn that UI to hell for eternity where it belongs.
I don't like you. At all.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what reason is there to have green mobs that give exp and green mobs that don't give exp? Doesn't Light Blue make more sense purely logically?
There's no reason at all, it's completely illogical and stupid.
But for many veterans, that is part of classic EQ's rustic charm. We love the game not just for its perfections but for its imperfections. On a fundamental level, telling classic vets that the con changes make no sense or that targeting rings are better is like telling someone their baby is ugly (even if it is).
Old 06-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeyuuduu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no reason at all, it's completely illogical and stupid.
But for many veterans, that is part of classic EQ's rustic charm. We love the game not just for its perfections but for its imperfections. On a fundamental level, telling classic vets that the con changes make no sense or that targeting rings are better is like telling someone their baby is ugly (even if it is).
Kill some rando green mob, got xp message.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

THREAD DELIVERS!
Old 06-25-2014, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Why the hell would you level up on light blue mobs, anyway? That's asinine.
Closed Thread