Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Banned

Default ADVICE FOR NEW PLAYERS ON RED99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old thread was closed, C&P from there.

Tips for players new to the pvp scene, feel free to add more, I'm novice at best. Will edit good ones into list.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Noobie tips
------------------------------------------------------------------
When you can, buy gems with extra money. People can't loot your gems when you die. Best rate (when turning them back into platinum) is carnelians I think but those are like 8g each. Gems have different exchange rates and faction/charisma can make a huge difference on larger exchanges. No real pref here, I use peridots, they are ~10p each which makes for easy trade and tipping money along the way. Beware of shady vendors.

Use the environment. Much easier to spot a noob in a field medding than a noob next to a tree medding, With levitate and the right incline, you can face it, hold down run and slowly climb (works great with trees) some trees have a change in angle mid way and are impossible to climb using this method. Instead, run to a point of higher elevation and levitate over to the change in angle, climb. You can sit and med in most of these spots if you find a point where you no longer sink while just standing there. The further away from a wall the better. Expect hackusations.

Gate. Use it as a escape, not a doctors note to avoid pvp. Meaning, I see too many people gate out of zone. You're gonna have to travel anyway. Set up a bind in zone, shit gets rough, gate and recoup for a counter attack, don't just take your ball and go home. Use critical thought here, this method can be disastrous vs a competent and tracking class.

We have a shit load of heroes. Like everyone, almost every player here was botb or glad, pimp shit, emp whatever. Doesn't mean you can't be too, but let's be real here, it's gonna take time. While you're on your personal journey to greatness, don't forget the simple shit like tash and malo, heals, cures, whatever it is that wont get the KB/YT but will help the grp is worth doing. 9/10 times you wont kill that twink, but banded together, you just might.

Words/pages/runes - low pop and rare drop. Shitty mix for new players, I would suggest as a general practice, save the words and pages till ya hit a city and then sell them at the guild vendors. Don't know who did it, but lvling up, I happened to see almost every research spell I needed at the mage vendors along with mage specific words. Fuckin amazing to say the least. I try to do this now too. Do this on the reg and respond to other players looking for words and tell them to do the same. Could be gold. The wiki has a good spread for seeing what pages are for what class, noobs get thousands of collective plat thrown at you, do your part.

Not getting ganked - what the fuck are you smoking? It happens. Learn to live with it, in the worst case, alt for a bit. 90% of the time if you get corpse camped, you had it coming, the other 8%, bronson, the other 2, random gang violence.

How to avoid that - be a decent human. Shit actually goes a long way. Making friends is the only thing that will really help you on red. The downside to this is that with too many, you end up missing out on a lot of pvp. But, further down the road, you can even have pvp with these friends and still have fun. It's a game. I play the wild card. If I don't attack you now, one day I might later, but probably not.

Know your zone, nothin surgical, but at least have rough bearings and know where your out is, your decoy safe spot, a real safe spot, a place to avoid track, vendor ect. All this goes a long way when the big moment comes. You do not want to be caught in a moment of "oh shit!" or "oh fuck!" Those will get you killed.

"Over here" doesn't mean a god damn thing. "To the north!" works. And fuck a loc, who the hell actually has a grid layout in their mind? Takes a little bit of time to get used to but well worth it.

Someone sittin smug in a city? Taunting you? Been a while on this one, not sure if they patched it, but, harmony the guards.

Buy Crystallized Pumice and Cloudy Potions if you can't disspell or invis yourself. they might not have been worth it on blue servers, but on red they can save your life.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lot's of other basics along the way, would do the senseheading and /who bound to movement keys and shit but I'm hoping most of you already know those tricks. Gonna try to keep it red. Will add more when I think of em, most are almost very basic tips. Add your own!

Good luck out there

Useful links about PvP on EQ:

Rallos Zek PvP FAQ

<3 Blart
Still relevant, been running into a lot of new players who don't even know what pumice is.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2015, 06:04 PM
Banned

Maybe the other posts, yeah, can see that. But this one? lol naw dawg cant tell me how to live my life
Old 01-20-2015, 07:20 PM
Fire Giant

Pumice? Naw, too red. Everyone needs gate potions. that way no one ever pvp's except on the forums.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

My advise is to play blue. Much more loyalty and stability.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Pras Fame, good guy, good pvper, cares about server health. I recommend new players join suave for easy groups, pvp health, and a stable environent, good group of guys and they arent affiliated with any of the scum on the server