Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 11:27 AM
VIP / Contributor

as far as i remember, yea its possible to determine
Old 09-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

If there was a way to check it'd be a handy way for the "No Time to Rez" folks to prove that they've never died. I'd probably start a perma-death char if this was possible.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Made corpse, /tt does nothin but make fun of me for talking to self. Em feels like elf tricked me.
well it used to work

[Wed Aug 30 18:18:45 2017] Duny's corpse1040 is not online at this time.
Last edited by branamil; 09-20-2017 at 11:49 AM..
Old 09-20-2017, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Probably could parse some log file too.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was toying with the idea of whether it'd be possible to get a solo character who only used gear they looted themselves to 60 without dying. It was a fun thought project. But I wondered if it'd be possible to prove this without video evidence of the entire journey.

I know you guys have logs for days on all sorts of things. Are the deaths of each character recorded - or at least counted?
It can certainly be done. A druid could easily do it and gear isn't all that important for a druid. Do newbie zone until you get SoW, then just stay outdoors or near zones. It's easy to stay alive if you are careful. It'd be boring as crap but you could do it.

Doing it with a paladin or something would be a lot more impressive
Old 09-20-2017, 12:45 PM
Server GM

We can see rotted corpses. There's probably deeper log files of just deaths. It sounds like you want to do a combination of what No Time To Rez does and similar to Auld Lang Syne.

With that, this isn't an open invite to everyone petitioning every day asking if they have corpses, I have enough petitions to deal with :P

If you want to go hardcore, make a Warrior. Druid, Monk, Necro, or Mage would be too easy :P
Old 09-20-2017, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there was a way to check it'd be a handy way for the "No Time to Rez" folks to prove that they've never died. I'd probably start a perma-death char if this was possible.
I played with them for awhile, I stopped because there was no way to prove you never died, so I lost interest.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We can see rotted corpses. There's probably deeper log files of just deaths. It sounds like you want to do a combination of what No Time To Rez does and similar to Auld Lang Syne.

With that, this isn't an open invite to everyone petitioning every day asking if they have corpses, I have enough petitions to deal with :P

If you want to go hardcore, make a Warrior. Druid, Monk, Necro, or Mage would be too easy :P
Too bad it couldn't be coded in, where you typed a simple command and it showed number of deaths. I imagine it would be hard to do though.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fear not, good buddy. I have no plans (nor the time) to undertake something like this. As I said it was simply a thought project and I figured I'd ask just to find out and satisfy my curiosity.

Thank you for replying though. It is appreciated. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Sgt. Slate would have a decent kill list. Rinna Lightshadow in EC also, and griffon that wanders between the orc1 and orc2.
GRIMFEATHER YOU BASTAAAAAAAAAARD