Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 07:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure which server to play. any advice? pros, cons?
Roll caster on red around GFay this weekend -- should be groups for you.
Join guild/make pals.
Don't look back...
Old 01-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Rolled monk/shm combo with a friend on blue. Were pretty much immediately handed vanilla gear and in cases Kunark gear. Duo'ed to the mid 50s over several weeks while avoiding hybrids and lazy players that spent most of thier time afking. Decided not to pursue Blue raid scene as we had no interest in poop socking, rule lawyering or dealing with any other part of the massively bloated Blue end game.

Rolled solo Necro on Red. Over approximately 7-8 play sessions now lvl 46. Still mostly naked but starting to farm my own gear. Killed by twinked PKs maybe 4 times. Out leveled them pretty quick. Constantly /ooc looking for groups which happen frequently and are not as discriminating to class or level as blue because of exp bonuses. Spent 90% of time in groups. Lower population so most camps are open.

Both Blue and Red have horribly toxic elements to them. Red marginally more noticeable in game because of global ooc.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:14 AM
Banned

Play with the cool kids on red.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rolled monk/shm combo with a friend on blue. Were pretty much immediately handed vanilla gear and in cases Kunark gear. Duo'ed to the mid 50s over several weeks while avoiding hybrids and lazy players that spent most of thier time afking. Decided not to pursue Blue raid scene as we had no interest in poop socking, rule lawyering or dealing with any other part of the massively bloated Blue end game.

Rolled solo Necro on Red. Over approximately 7-8 play sessions now lvl 46. Still mostly naked but starting to farm my own gear. Killed by twinked PKs maybe 4 times. Out leveled them pretty quick. Constantly /ooc looking for groups which happen frequently and are not as discriminating to class or level as blue because of exp bonuses. Spent 90% of time in groups. Lower population so most camps are open.

Both Blue and Red have horribly toxic elements to them. Red marginally more noticeable in game because of global ooc.
Red is a blast, I played on blue when I first started, rolled red at random one day, never went back. Well, I did this one time but I think I logged on once, ran to MM, 47 people in zone, got on a CE grp list at position 15, waited for 30 mins and then logged off forever sayin to myself "Why the fuck do people play on blue?"
Old 01-29-2015, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Folks always put forward 'Higher Population' as though it's some kind of advantage that Blue has over Red.

I play Disc Golf. It's a great sport and I've made some good friends because there are always people on the course no matter what. But when you pull up into the parking lot with five hours free for play, I do not want to see three dozen other cars.

My first though when seeing the golf course packed hole-to-hole is not "Wow! Look at all the people! Great!"

My first thought is "Goddamnit, I'm going to be waiting at every hole."