Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 03:32 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Network Outage October 4th

Quote:
At 12:09AM our Atlanta secondary path went down for scheduled and anticipated maintenance that was slated to be non-customer impacting, however at 12:12AM our primary fiber to Atlanta and Ashburn went down as well, both served by a different provider. While service has been restored via Ashburn at this time, we are still investigating the additional outages and will update you as soon as we have further information.
More info as it comes.

HEADS BE ROLLIN'

Update 1:
Quote:
4:00 AM EDT UPDATE

At 12:09AM our Atlanta secondary path went down for scheduled and anticipated maintenance that was slated to be non-customer impacting, however at 12:12AM our primary fiber to Atlanta and Ashburn went down as well, both served by a different provider. At 01:42AM, Ashburn connectivity was restored, and at 03:08AM Atlanta secondary/protect connectivity was restored. We are still working with our providers to fully understand the reason for this massive outage, and why our Atlanta primary fiber remains offline. As soon as we have further information, we will update you.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Last edited by Rogean; 10-04-2010 at 04:48 AM..
Old 10-04-2010, 03:52 AM
Skeleton

hurry up already, the wifes asleep and i need EQ
Old 10-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

I thought Skynet has attacked *phew*
Old 10-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

This kinda shit happens all the time unfortunately Rogean. Luckily it only happens "all the time" across the globe.

Dark fiber is also such a clusterfuck that sometimes you think you are buying different fiber routes and are not.

Example: Company A owns fiber in said city. Company B & C want to run fiber/traffic through said city and both lease fiber from Company A. Company D has their headquarters in said city, and buys protected links from both companies, which due to leasing fiber from Company A, actually run the exact same path. Company A has to do maint on fiber, and somewhere down the chain of company to company, word doesn't get to Company D that BOTH their circuits will go down.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:18 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Dear Netriplex Customer,

As you know, Netriplex's Asheville Datacenter (AVL01) suffered a major network outage this morning starting at 12:12 AM Eastern time that lasted for approximately 1.5 hours. *While complete details surrounding this incident are still somewhat unknown due to ongoing conversations with our fiber providers, we take outages of this magnitude extremely seriously. Redundancies are the hallmark of our datacenter architecture, and when they fail, we want to ensure that we do whatever it takes to prevent a similar failure from ever happening again.

We will be holding a public web conference this coming Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 11:00 AM Eastern time (GMT-5). Details for attending this web conference are below, and we encourage concerned parties to attend. We will have a question and answer period at the end of our web conference.

As always, we greatly appreciate your business and will do whatever it takes to ensure we deliver the level of service you expect from a mission critical datacenter.
I'm gonna try to attend.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Kobold

Woo maybe you can teach them a thing or two Rogean.
Last night was rough. No EQ and Netflix was having trouble with their PS3 streaming video...

Classic:
Gruemm - Dwarven Scout of Fennin Ro
Member of the Grudge Bearers
Old 10-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brund the Decrepit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Netflix was having trouble with their PS3 streaming video...
Netflix on my xbox was being super screwy last night as well, weird!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Netflix on my xbox was being super screwy last night as well, weird!
They must be using Netriplex for hosting too!!!!

Bastards!!

Classic:
Gruemm - Dwarven Scout of Fennin Ro
Member of the Grudge Bearers
Old 10-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna try to attend.
Might wanna talk to them about daylight savings time considering right now EST is GMT -4.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Wondering if anyone knows when the server will be playable again. Not on my server select screen at this point.
Closed Thread