Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh you don't even know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Anybody share the sources used for these changes?
Poking around on wayback...

I see evidence of elven dancers existing and drakes being casters no earlier than May and June of 2003. VP was modified on 5/14/03:
Quote:
Veeshan's Peak - We have changed this zone to make it more appealing, particularly for those playing with one or two groups. We have removed the restriction against using gate in this zone and modified the zone population. Over all, the zone will be better to play in.
Elven Dancers have no entry on Allalhazam until this time, also being reported as new after that patch in zone bestiary discussion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylarFarshot on Allakhazam
Couple unlisted mobs on track. I'm 65.

an enraged guardian wurm - blue con
elven dancer (three of them) - green cons
Silverwing pet - blue con
Hoshkar pet - green con

Haven't seen Veeshan on track yet.

Date: Sept. 23, 03.]

This change brought the named trash mobs with droppable loot (link):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabura on Allakhazam
These assorted tradeable drops were in fact added with the revamp that allowed Gating from the zone.
In that same flurry of activity on Aallakhazam following the 5/14/03 patch, Senwen on Allakhazam reports the drakes as wizards casting level-appropriate spells... which might have been one way Sony made them easier (would you rather be doubled for 560 a few times or maybe get hit with a sunstrike?).

If there's some other source being used I'd love to see it, seems totally possible that people on Allakhazam just never noticed or cared enough til after that patch.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

bump. What of this man's questions?
Old 01-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Jimmies are certainly rustled over this update. Sources would be nice to see.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anybody share the sources used for these changes?
Poking around on wayback...

I see evidence of elven dancers existing and drakes being casters no earlier than May and June of 2003. VP was modified on 5/14/03:

Elven Dancers have no entry on Allalhazam until this time, also being reported as new after that patch in zone bestiary discussion:

This change brought the named trash mobs with droppable loot (link):

In that same flurry of activity on Aallakhazam following the 5/14/03 patch, Senwen on Allakhazam reports the drakes as wizards casting level-appropriate spells... which might have been one way Sony made them easier (would you rather be doubled for 560 a few times or maybe get hit with a sunstrike?).

If there's some other source being used I'd love to see it, seems totally possible that people on Allakhazam just never noticed or cared enough til after that patch.
These changes were based on comprehensive research submitted from eqmac, including videos and logs. Their version of VP was prior to the 2003 change from what I could tell (did not include named trash mobs that dropped loot, and players couldn't gate). <-- former eqmac players dispute this if not correct.

I changed the lava drakes because I assumed it was a mistake on my part when I first made the zone. You guys have been fighting wizard class npcs that didn't cast spells :X Now it's possible that also is incorrect, and they were just pure warriors at some point. The logs from the eqmac server showed the spells they cast, and that is what I added.

Additional information would be great, as well as feedback on the zone after these changes went in today.
Last edited by nilbog; 01-18-2014 at 08:58 PM..
Old 01-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These changes were based on comprehensive research submitted from eqmac, including videos and logs. Their version of VP was prior to the 2003 change from what I could tell (did not include named trash mobs that dropped loot, and players couldn't gate). <-- former eqmac players dispute this if not correct
You could Arx Key out of VP :P.

But yea, we had super shitty Kunark-era VP on Al'Kabor.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

So if we're using EQMac as the resource here, I'm tempted to say EQMac had the 2003 changes included. While the 2003 change was made after release of Legacy of Ykesha (which wasn't included in EQMac), EQMac was released after LoY came out. The release date for EQMac that I can find is 6/23/03. I would venture a guess that the relatively minor changes to VP would have been developed, if not released, barely in time to make it onto Al'Kabor.

The information I based my post above off of is hard to properly date, as some of those changes might have happened quite a bit earlier and nobody noticed and/or cared enough prior to the 5/03 update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could Arx Key out of VP :P.

But yea, we had super shitty Kunark-era VP on Al'Kabor.
Sounds like Daldaen is confirming that Al'Kabor had the altered VP. After May 2003 players could gate out "You can now gate out of Veeshan's Peak (May 14)". Unless the Arx key had some exception rule applied, gating out of VP must have been allowed on Mac.

P.S. Damn you for making me start reading Luclin quests. I was never a big fan of cats on the moon but I liked all the lore surrounding the remnants of the Combine Empire...

Quote:
Last edited by uygi; 01-20-2014 at 02:51 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

As far as feedback on the changes as we have them, I think the impact is minimal. It's made kiting trash a bit harder because drakes stopping to cast splits them out of the pack, but kiting in big enough loops or in a linear fashion is the same as before. Racnars in picture room are of no consequence, and the new drakes around Nexona are easily avoided. If it is properly classic then I think it's a good change. I just kinda doubt that it's classic.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Project Manager

Would like to get to the bottom of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if we're using EQMac as the resource here, I'm tempted to say EQMac had the 2003 changes included. While the 2003 change was made after release of Legacy of Ykesha (which wasn't included in EQMac), EQMac was released after LoY came out. The release date for EQMac that I can find is 6/23/03. I would venture a guess that the relatively minor changes to VP would have been developed, if not released, barely in time to make it onto Al'Kabor.

The information I based my post above off of is hard to properly date, as some of those changes might have happened quite a bit earlier and nobody noticed and/or cared enough prior to the 5/03 update.
Everything I can find shows EQMac was locked initially midway through PoP. Then, in 2011 received an additional update to fix problems PoP had after its 4-month run (Rathe Council). Admittedly I did not do much research because we have EQMac players here which could answer it better than I can.

Quote:
Sounds like Daldaen is confirming that Al'Kabor had the altered VP. After May 2003 players could gate out "You can now gate out of Veeshan's Peak (May 14)". Unless the Arx key had some exception rule applied, gating out of VP must have been allowed on Mac.
This is absolutely an exception. No other gates worked. From what I recall, the arx key (and I had one on my magician on eqlive) did not function like other gates/evacs. It sounds to me like he specifically mentioned the arx key as an exception.

Daldaen, you couldn't gate out of VP with spells, correct? No gate, circle of combines, etc.

Quote:
If it is properly classic then I think it's a good change. I just kinda doubt that it's classic.
The biggest reason I believe the changes are classic is because.. I handmade VP initially from old maps, pictures, and comments. Actually seeing the zone, and having research, filled in some missing gaps. I'd be astonished to get it that correct the first time around.

Would appreciate EQMac players that played in VP to chime in, please.
Closed Thread