Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 05:41 AM
Kobold

Default Everquest is free to play..WTH?

Just found out today ..i think im late to the knowledge, that Everquest-Live is now going to be free to play, I went to the website and sure enough it has the Listed options if you choose to pay (https://www.everquest.com/free). First thing i thought when it hit me, is weather i can log into my old accounts and visit my old toons.

So far i have loved P99, and i dont plan to leave, on Live i got my toons to where i wanted them at the time, all to 60lvl. Im going to try to log in and see if i can see my old toons. Not sure if you all are aware of this. I never kept up with EQ-Live cuzz i never thought it would be free, i wished it, but i just didnt see it happening.

Well just posting this incase you all have old toons that you might wanna visit, seeing as we did invest part of our lives to them.

Edit: Hmm looked at the Listed options and it says Limit to 2 characters, i think i may not be able to log into my old account ..if i already have 8 toons...maybe it only new accounts.

Last edited by eqgmrdbz; 07-30-2013 at 05:45 AM..
Old 07-30-2013, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

Live is so much different now from the EQ I know.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

I was on Alla reading about Velketor a few days ago

There were some comments from like 2008 saying "I ran into this guy, took like 10 minutes to take him down. A little tricky."

what the fuck, solo'ing velk?

game sucks, burn it down
Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Sarnak

The first post just sounds like a advertisement. And Live blows ass, u want a real EQ game again use the trinity of xpacs.

Not a mini demi god for a character, like it is now.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:43 AM
Orc

To answer your question, yes, if you log in with your old account you will have accesss to all your characters. Keep in mind the first time you log in, it will appear that your characters are naked at the character select screen. Once you log out they will properly reflect your character.

I have to say that I logged in and was dumbfounded. I left EQ Live right before Omens of War. The game now has hirelings (rip off from LOTRO, I am sure) and the world is so large now that it was very hard for my 65 warrior to find a group. My gear is antiquated and mobs hit very hard. You can get a healer as a hirelng but my DPS was not at a proper ratio to make soloing an option.

Needless to say I have not logged in again. The game is completely different. Perhaps had I stayed through all the content I would be still connected, but EQLive is not the same game it once was. So i will stay with P99 until EQNext hits shelves. Hell I have to give that a whirl.

Lue.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:13 AM
Fire Giant

its fun to piss around in, my SK is 69 and I have no idea where to even begin exping... honestly I do not know how any new player can start in this game its insane.

I hired some mercenary that cost 16plat every 15 min- and proceeded to wonder around velious- I ran up to Yilinak and beat on him until my merc ran out of mana and died- go go SK deeps

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 07-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Fire Giant

I would suggest that you /testcopy on live and move over there with all of us other casual players. No monthly costs (Gold status without subscription), all expansions without paying (and all of the features of those expansions - clicking items from bags etc). Along with that you get double experience to help catch up.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

At about level 80 is when you start to see groups for the first time. And not full of mercenaries. Usually just use a merc to heal since healers are easily the most scarce. Hotzones just changed, but that's the easiest way to get to 80 and then after that you hit House of Thule zones. Games really not complicated, confusing, or dead like some people would lead you to believe and at 80 and up the nameds get pretty tough. The population has consistently gone up since about last October.

But I hit 100 on my pally not long ago and haven't played much since. It is fun, though, and the community is really nice.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfelfbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first post just sounds like a advertisement. And Live blows ass, u want a real EQ game again use the trinity of xpacs.

Not a mini demi god for a character, like it is now.
Its all relative... its only a demi god in low level content....

What you said is like me saying p99 sucks because a lvl 60 ran into CB and killed the Emp....

Fricken demi god 60's and their fungi tunics...

Burn it all down...

(I don't like EQ live.. but this is really silly hate)

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 07-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Banned

I still play have maxed out characters. If any want help or want to play, send a pm Im on FV server (free transfer to there) and Test server.
Closed Thread