Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Default Never Forget!!

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ploit+platinum

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ploit+platinum

recently i have suggested multiple times that a fresh server would be a great way to fix all of p99s problems. i dont think that the older servers should be wiped, but perhaps to release a pre-kunark server with updated timeline/bugfixes at the same time as velious? maybe even make it a purple server..

i know that p99 staff already has their hands full, but i think that giving new players this option would really help to build the community (equals more donations)
Last edited by phacemeltar; 04-11-2014 at 07:31 PM..
Old 04-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Kobold

Lol... I submit. If I could delete the fucking thing I would. I still agree with your idea though. Don't really see a downside to any of this. I'm not super rich on blue so maybe some who have really reached the top of the top would be opposed. I think I could enjoy playing on both. Plus wouldn't most of those players want to jump into a new progression with a timeline that's accurate?
Comment made.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Fire Giant

View source for the second one. I won't paste it here.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 04-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Why do these dumb ass threads come up 3 times a week? You can not go back to the way it was. When this server started there was so many EASY ways to level and make plat that you CAN NOT do today it is scary. Lots of bonus xp days and weekends. No nerfs on anything. It was like the old west. Easy Mode.

Do you really think Nilbog is going to go back to P1999 on some server being "UN Classic" as hell again?? Or do you not think the top guilds on here now will not be the top guilds on your pretend server in 2 weeks. And you will be a penny less turd with a Orc Pick for a weapon while others have a Fungi in 1 week. You are crazy as hell just like the others that live in a dreamworld.

Stupid thread. Waste of bandwidth.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know that p99 staff already has their hands full, but i think that giving new players this option would really help to build the community (equals more donations)
Lemme re-phrase that:
Quote:
I realize the staff is already bending over backwards to provide me with not one but two (and soon to be three) 100% free servers to play on. And (being a Fire Giant) i know the staff has already said they don't want to make another server.

BUT I really want another server, and the staff is motivated by money, so let's get them more money and get me what I want.
I mean, I want a fresh server too; lots of people do. That's not the point. The point is we're all (metaphorically) hanging out at Rogean's house, and he's buying us all pizza and Coke. People keep asking him "thanks for all this free stuff, but could we get some Pepsi?", and even though he keeps saying no, and keeps giving us free pizza and soda, some people keep asking for Pepsi. It doesn't matter whether Pepsi is better than Coke or not, it's rude to keep asking.

When it's a n00b who just got here it's at least understandable; he hasn't heard Rogean say no before. But anyone who's been here awhile should know better.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do these dumb ass threads come up 3 times a week? You can not go back to the way it was. When this server started there was so many EASY ways to level and make plat that you CAN NOT do today it is scary. Lots of bonus xp days and weekends. No nerfs on anything. It was like the old west. Easy Mode.

Do you really think Nilbog is going to go back to P1999 on some server being "UN Classic" as hell again?? Or do you not think the top guilds on here now will not be the top guilds on your pretend server in 2 weeks. And you will be a penny less turd with a Orc Pick for a weapon while others have a Fungi in 1 week. You are crazy as hell just like the others that live in a dreamworld.

Stupid thread. Waste of bandwidth.
what im suggesting is to make a wiped version of the current server. this would mean there are no:
Quote:
EASY ways to level and make plat that you CAN NOT do today
or
Quote:
Lots of bonus xp days and weekends
the idea would be to make a server that is classic to the date of 1999 from launch, thereby not allowing for exploits. of course there would be your random poopsockers who are going to have 60 in a week, or your guilds that dominate the top content. but there would also be a chance for new players to win (the prices for items wouldnt be so ridiculously overpriced), and there would be far less people in manastone/fungi's ruining low level zones (duo CB throne room at 14). also there would be no hackers (see DDOS attacks) or insane hordes of platinum.

if the server were to follow the appropriate timeline, then kunark would be released in a good time shortly followed by velious, which would lessen the benefit of someone to camp guk for 3 months. also, i mentioned that i think the server should be purple, meaning race wars. this would give people something else to do.

i understand that you do not like my idea, but please if you respond again try to calm down before you start to type. im not even sure if i understand what your post was about.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Just be patient, I'm sure once we're post-velious + pre-luclin content a new server will be made to follow the true classic timeline.

It'll be at least 3 more years, but it will happen.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Kobold

When this server first started everything seemed okay, until you started to realize that every camp-able item that is either removed or changed to a quest is camped 24/7, waiting in line for 4 days to camp jboots is not fun. It wasn't then, it wont be ever. We only had around 100 people online in those days. Imagine how crowded it would be with one thousand. Imagine how long the wait to camp a Manastone would be, lol.
The problem is that most everyone who plays on P99 knows what they are doing and how to do it. So to think you might have an advantage because you think you know something that someone else doesn't, you're wrong. A new server would just take those same prior knowledge issues and amplify them. As fun as a fresh server sounds, I believe it would be nothing but a colossal headache for everyone. None of the current server complaints would be fixed, in fact more would probably arise.
This doesn't mean I condone the current servers segregation between the "elite" and the "casuals", I too would like a more balanced Norrath. But between game design and human nature, its just not a possibility. No matter when or what happens in Norrath, it takes time and devotion to overcome. There is no other answer. Remember you cannot judge a persons character based on their gear, true character comes from within.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Kobold

I like the idea, it's not like it would kill anyone to just open up a new server. Lots of people want to start at the beginning, it's just a fun idea! It doesn't have anything to do with the current blue server at all, It would just be fun for a fresh start.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:14 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trosh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the idea, it's not like it would kill anyone to just open up a new server.
Feel free to drop the money to run a server then.
Closed Thread