Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Default Red99 Will Fail - Terrible Idea

Just like the last box, this one if it ever happens will undoubtedly fail. The mods that invest the time and money into red99 will regret their decision to actually host a pvp server for the degenerates that actually want one in a matter of months. Red99 will be a bust like all other previous attempts at a solid pvp box for multiple reasons including but not limited to:

1. Fags - in other words whats known as the player base for any EQ pvp server. These people will neither donate or support the GMs that make red99 possible. They feign interest and support for the current GMs. I would bet actual money that within a month of red99 going live they accuse the same people of favoritism and other bullshit that happens on pvp boxes.

2. Cheating - Zone crashing, MQ, ShowEQ, training, duping - you name it, its going to happen on red99 constantly. All of these will be rampant problems on red99. Always have been problems on other previous boxes, these problems and problem players haven't suddenly gone away. Granted they exist on p99 right now, their significance is going to be amplified when they're used to grief the player base which is going to result in floods of petitions for GMs on red99 on a daily basis.

3. Money - Getting donations for just p99 is hard enough, the player base for red99 isn't going to donate anything. They will abuse whatever aspects they can to grief for as long as possible before red99 is inevitably brought down due to lack of funds/frustration over cheating/lack of interest on the part of the GMs which brings me to my next point.

4. Population - Not only will red99 jepordize a good, stable population of a successful private server, the money required to run red99 could also jepordize p99's server in case donations don't roll in for red99 (which i can guarantee they won't.) The cost of maintaining two private servers could end up bringing both p99 and red99 down if things got bad.

Conclusion - ditch this shit idea of a pvp box. The minority isn't worth appeasing if it means jeopardizing a solid private server thats almost over 1k players at peek times. Don't risk p99 and its solid population to appease people that could care less about your project. They won't donate, beta test, or support your project. If you think they care at all about what it costs and takes to maintain both red99 and p99 you're kidding yourself.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:10 AM
Banned

Thats a pretty desperate wall of text, calm down and let the big GMs and Devs figure out what they want to do, go wait in line for pixels, I hear that Tstaff is a fun time.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

sirken donated like $600 and thurloc was $200+, i mean overall the box hardware alone was like $3k in donations

"gronkus loves the box bros, he loved it so much he kept it" - master knuckle, c. 2009
Last edited by naez; 04-21-2011 at 03:20 AM..
Old 04-21-2011, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats a pretty desperate wall of text, calm down and let the big GMs and Devs figure out what they want to do, go wait in line for pixels, I hear that Tstaff is a fun time.
Listen I know you're super excited and probably giving out forum fellatio to the current GMs so you can get on red99 and grief as hard as possible before they inevitably ban you for MQ, but every point I've made is valid and true. I've played on the previous boxes and they all end in failure for the same reasons.

Feel free to keep throwing around the generic flavor of the month forum insults about me being mad though since you can't counter any of the arguments I just made. It's cute watching idiots get flustered.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:21 AM
Banned

The issues you are QQing about really don't concern you too much breh, you are actually coming off like a total "fag" (please try not to be so biggoted in the future) by trying to talk down to a group of experienced Gms and Devs like they are children walking into a trap. Respect the adults and please proceed to RnF to continue your trollins
Old 04-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

But really like you say we don't care about p99. Well actually I do care okay, and have thought about whether trolling for a red box would be detrimental overall. I've weighed it out in my head (And I'm sure Rogean and his crew have as well) and I really haven't found a scenario where opening a red box will kill the blue box. Like sure some of the people will fragment over to red but the mass majority of the pve core is still going to be there, and like has been said before if anything @ all it just means more open camps on p1999 and more fish bait for me and my chums.
Last edited by naez; 04-21-2011 at 03:28 AM..
Old 04-21-2011, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

I never talked down to any current dev or GM in my original post. Instead of making up things because you're getting raped on the forums you should, you know, come up with valid counter arguments. Except you can't, because I am right and you are wrong. And thats just how its always gonna be dawg. Sorry.

By the way opinions about a subject does not equal trolling. Fail harder. Anways I've said what I know is true about the subject so I'm out. Enjoy not having red99 for all the right reasons.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never talked down to any current dev or GM in my original post. Instead of making up things because you're getting raped on the forums you should, you know, come up with valid counter arguments. Except you can't, because I am right and you are wrong. And thats just how its always gonna be dawg. Sorry.

By the way opinions about a subject does not equal trolling. Fail harder. Anways I've said what I know is true about the subject so I'm out. Enjoy not having red99 for all the right reasons.
<3
Old 04-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Banned

If anything red99 will likely have the greatest population of any red emu, just because Rogean's rep is solid and everyone knows it will be legit. I mean cohpvp1.0 never even broke 100 population on at any given time and I'd consider that one of the best pvp servers to ever exist. VZTZ broke 300+ during multiple eras, and had shitty devs and GMs who thought wiping every 3 months was a good idea. Imagine the possibilities that a GM team with at least 2 brain cells to rub together can do.
Last edited by naez; 04-21-2011 at 03:40 AM..
Old 04-21-2011, 04:20 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah man I would love for it to work, Rogean is legit. But honestly p99 is a huge success and if red99 fails hard it could bring both servers down. Just don't think its worth it for all the bullshit you know is coming if red99 launches.
Closed Thread