Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefloydian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry to interrupt your minor-league Daily Show impression, but this is an interesting story because A.) It honestly looks like some shady shit is going on, and B.) Regardless of any moral/ethical failings, this is surely the end of McQuaid's career in the gaming industry save for some miracle millionaire with a heart of gold.
You're arguing a point that isn't being argued. Why? Yeah, it is interesting but so are rumors, conspiracy theories and tabloids (to some people at least).
That said, if you would just post more of...

Quote:
Vhalen is on Ktam radio right now and said straight up that he doesn't blame the fans for wanting a charge back. He said the entire team was blind sided by Brad's announcement and he is very disappointed. For those that don't know, Vhalen is one of the few devs that actually did work. He is the lore guy. He also said that he was paid very low for the work he did and thats fine. Much respect for him at least.
and less of...

Quote:
Pretty sure McQuaid took the money and went on a vicodin bender.
Quote:
Someone on that FoH thread said
Quote:
he was obviously fucked up during at least one of those developer roundtable things
than this would be a thread actually worth checking on if people didn't have time to look up what all is happening with Pantheon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefloydian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I admit to not knowing shit about anything
When the above changes I look forward to reading your posts, really.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the link.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the above changes I look forward to reading your posts, really.
Nice work avoiding the last 3 pages of this thread. Please stop reading immediately. The pantheon forum is that way ----->>>>> http://www.pantheonrotf.com
Old 04-15-2014, 09:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool, thanks for the link.
What a moron.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1:06:00 ...good place to start,
Yeah, there's a lot stuff there.

By the way, the "someone on the FOH forum" is Convo, who was a pretty conntected subscriber and also basically the only person defending Brad at FOH. And even he has unsubbed and denounced the whole thing at this point.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Nice work avoiding the last 3 pages of this thread. Please stop reading immediately. The pantheon forum is that way ----->>>>> http://www.pantheonrotf.com
No, I read those pages and will probably read the pages to come as long as it isn't filled with RnFing and you keep up with the informative post which I genuinely appreciate.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Account deleted over there now, sorry shit didn't work out, was excited to be in at the beginning, to be the class ambassador for Dark Knights, all that shit, but Brad.....fuck you. Good job man, made a nice dime eh? I'm guessing shit started coming seriously unraveled a few weeks ago. Many of the mods disappeared etc etc. Seriously 150K in a month? Keep paying for website upkeep? Again sir, fuck you. Was seriously excited for Pantheon, and jumped in with two feet, admittedly on blind faith that *this time* would work out. Bridges burned pal. Thankfully I didn't waste to much $ and feel bad for some of those folks that have dumped hundreds, some thousands into this project. I'm even sorrier that on my way out over there some of those same folks are still guzzling the kool aid thinking they'll be playing Pantheon in a year (alpha). Ah well....lessons learned.

I messed about on p99 years ago when it first opened, didn't play much but it was fun, came back to play here a month or so ago with folks from over at the Pantheon forums and gathered a lot more from the existing player base here. Frankly I'm loving it, have met some great folks and this will be my MMO home going forward. Though I think it may be time to /petition for a guild name change.... <Fallen Pantheon> perhaps?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frankly I'm loving it, have met some great folks and this will be my MMO home going forward.
More of this, please.

I have never understood why anybody wants anything else other than EverQuest, (and specifically p99 EQ).

The perfect game -- time-capsuled in its prime -- exists here at p99. Why play anything else?

Any time spent discussing Pantheon is time not spent playing p99. I suggest only discussing Pantheon while at-work and unable to play p99.

At this point, this whole project seems like a really bad car accident on the other side of the highway. I admit, it's hard not to look, but soon the fire and smoke will be in the rear view mirror.

p99 for life yall
Old 04-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Because some people would like to play an EQ clone with visuals from this millennia.

I fail to see why supporting a project that tries to get at the core of what made EQ so great with enhanced visuals is bad.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
There are no lights to turn on. The people on the team were all working from home, and most of them weren't getting paid shit. You really think putting together a shitty unity demo with an underpaid team of 11 people should eat through 150k in one month?
"Turn the lights on" isn't a literal thing, but yes, a team of 11 would go through $150k in no-time, even if they were grossly underpaid.
Closed Thread