Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Kobold

I know this may be equal to what live was... But a mage has basically one thing going for him, his pet. If the agro was held better by my pet it would be okay but....

If you said that,

A wizard couldn't AE for more than 50% of the dmg or the game world would get a portion of the EXP.

A druid couldn't AE for more than 50% of the dmg or the game world would get a portion of the EXP.

A warrior couldn't use his sword for more than 50% of the dmg or the game world would get a portion of the EXP.

You see my point... A mage primarily has his pet as his weapon. Any penalties for using it is just silly.

Although whatever, these things happen and the game fun continues. Just a bit wierd is all to implement this sort of thing.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetjan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this may be equal to what live was... But a mage has basically one thing going for him, his pet. If the agro was held better by my pet it would be okay but....

If you said that,

A wizard couldn't AE for more than 50% of the dmg or the game world would get a portion of the EXP.

A druid couldn't AE for more than 50% of the dmg or the game world would get a portion of the EXP.

A warrior couldn't use his sword for more than 50% of the dmg or the game world would get a portion of the EXP.

You see my point... A mage primarily has his pet as his weapon. Any penalties for using it is just silly.

Although whatever, these things happen and the game fun continues. Just a bit wierd is all to implement this sort of thing.
I like the change because now mages (and necros to a lesser extent) will be more likely to group. Show those melees/clerics/whoever that you do care and want to be friends!

Grouping is good for you.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the change because now mages (and necros to a lesser extent) will be more likely to group. Show those melees/clerics/whoever that you do care and want to be friends!

Grouping is good for you.
forcing people to group by nerfing mages and necros isn't going to make people group, it's going to make them reroll druids.

and god knows this server doesn't have enough fucking assling druids already
Old 11-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
forcing people to group by nerfing mages and necros isn't going to make people group, it's going to make them reroll druids.
Sows and ports for all! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Aviak

Well, if you are not getting full exp for killing a mob you did ANY AMOUNT of damage GREATER THAN ZERO and NOT getting full experience then this patch was put in wrong, or completely misunderstood...this was not SOE's way of disabling soloing for pet classes with summoned pets.

The change was Dire Charmed pets mainly, which said if you do >50% of the damage then you get full experience, and instead of 50% exp, you get 25% if you do no damage with summoned or regularly charmed pets. I think someone needs to setup a good UI with higher resolution XP bars and run some tests on a static spawn that is always the same level and see what gives what instead of complaining then take it and the section posted here and on the link someone posted above and call the dev out on it. It's not supposed to hurt your experience...

It's still not classic...
Old 11-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sows and ports for all! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the kind of guys who rolled mages and necros to solo are not going to sow or port you when they are forced to go druid. they are going to go /anon and they are going to KS your shit any chance they get.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Fire Giant

besides, does anyone want any of these crappy mages / necros in their groups? none of them know how to group, they've been soloing their entire eq life. fucking pets breaking my mezzes nonstop ever since this change.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
besides, does anyone want any of these crappy mages / necros in their groups? none of them know how to group, they've been soloing their entire eq life. fucking pets breaking my mezzes nonstop ever since this change.
Your credibility went out the window, next.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivar Quartz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your credibility went out the window, next.
care to explain?
Old 11-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, if you are not getting full exp for killing a mob you did ANY AMOUNT of damage GREATER THAN ZERO and NOT getting full experience then this patch was put in wrong, or completely misunderstood...this was not SOE's way of disabling soloing for pet classes with summoned pets.

The change was Dire Charmed pets mainly, which said if you do >50% of the damage then you get full experience, and instead of 50% exp, you get 25% if you do no damage with summoned or regularly charmed pets. I think someone needs to setup a good UI with higher resolution XP bars and run some tests on a static spawn that is always the same level and see what gives what instead of complaining then take it and the section posted here and on the link someone posted above and call the dev out on it. It's not supposed to hurt your experience...

It's still not classic...
No that's not what happened here. Originally we had the new system where if you did 1 point of damage you got 100% XP. They changed it to the old system where you have to outdamage your pet or suffer a 50% XP penalty. I've seen it myself, where if a mob resists one too many of my nukes I get a large XP penalty because my pet does the majority of damage.

The new system was fine, superior to the old system in every way. There's no reason to replace the new system with the old except to affect red99, or because "it was classic".

I feel the same about race/class XP penalties. Yeah it was classic, but it was also a boneheaded idea that was later repealed, and never repeated in another MMORPG (that I know of).