Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Sarnak

Default compromise?

This last week has been all about the crazy hate between people who have not used mage swords, the people who have used the shit out of them, and a few who are mad because the bug fix won't allow them the opportunity to use them.
GMs are annoyed with the blame game, potential players lose interest in what looks to have become a waste of time, etc.

This isn't a crisis, it's just something that happens with games. To a population that has played shitty, easy mode games for the last 5 years I'm sure that tripling your pet's damage with an item made sense in the same way that 20 minute levels and 2 shotting your way through WoW or Rift made sense. I doubt a big percentage of the Red99 playerbase both played a mage and remembers how big of a POS those swords were in 1999 - 2002.

A witch hunt for the perceived exploiters is unrealistic. It won't accomplish anything, and in a few months it won't matter at all. What will work would be rewarding the players who have put gameplay over personal advancement and bring back players who have lost interest.

It has been mentioned before, but this is actually a perfect opportunity to reward the people who made parses and did research to call attention to the bug as well as involve more people in the server. Add back the +50% xp bonus for, lets say the 19th to the 2nd. For two weeks the kids are out of school, the adults are taking vacations, and the atheists have lots of extra free time. It is the perfect chance to maybe get some old EQ players who are wary of an emu to give it a shot as well as remind the players who have been playing the game as intended that this is still supposed to be fun.

Remember how much more fun this was when 500+ were playing?
Last edited by compulsion; 12-15-2011 at 02:31 AM..
Old 12-15-2011, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

pvp champ approved
Old 12-15-2011, 03:03 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

eta
Old 12-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Fire Giant

If only people would just play the game instead of trying to get advantages for themselves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 12-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Fire Giant

server confirmed dying
Old 12-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Banned

50% bonus is in now, i get 1.5b per kill!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

8 DAYS OF XP BONUS CONFIRMED
Old 12-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

You all understand that every time you make a thread like this the odds of it actually happening is going down big tajmz?
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 12-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Orc

i completely agree there should be a commensurate reward for a bug post. why bother otherwise? most folks seem to prefer the bug as a reward for their sleuthing.

as it stands, if i alt tab i run the chance of a ctd. even if i dont ctd, i have to deal with an annoying cursor that changes shape whenever i click in the right side.
"The Wikimedia Foundation hopes easier, more intuitive editing will shore up waning contributor numbers."

then there's the fact that when a bug is obviously exploited by a significant portion of the playerbase, from my viewpoint, it has the appearance that said exploiter comes out on top.

guards not working at launch is on development.

i will still definitely bug things like, not having the totemic quest folks in lake rathe for a month. i probably wont bug things like nxza gkjza gkyuxzs xz lkhnef.

tl;dr i play on a small pop free emu and i contribute 0% because it
Old 12-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Banned

im having a fucking blast at level 7 - fuck racing to 50 im here for the ride
Closed Thread