Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

So basically don't waste any more time playing on VZTZ because Secrets has no intention of the server going anywhere.

Another decent PVP emu server getting flushed down the shitter for no good reason. And it's this exact type of unpredictable behavior that hurts the entire emu PVP community as a whole. Why invest time in any of these boxes when they historically only last a month?

The grass is always greener on the other side pals. VZTZ could have aspired to the Red99 concept everyone seems so obsessed with. The only thing that would make or break something like that is reliable hosting and staff, something none of these PVP boxes seem to be able to get right.

Freaky, if you end up pursuing a PVP box, hit me up if you need help with anything. I can GM, code, work on the database, quests etc.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean the thing that's been sitting on google code for a year and a half now?

I'd be MORE than glad to give the VZTZ server and what changes I have done so far to a team who isn't going to sully the name of PvP.

The matter of the fact is, the reason I have been reluctant to fix anything is because it's already fixed, and it would be a better idea for me to merge efforts with P1999 at this point instead of doing grunt work and competing with them. That's why I have spent time talking to Rogean and nilbog trying to get on board with Red99 and their PVE side of things as well, because let's face it EQ PVP is nothing without the PVE content and if the effort is already done, why not just help them? It's not like LoL where the maps are disposable and you can just restart the game each time, PVE content really matters in this game even for a PVP situation.

I know some people may not like Red99 or grinding xp, or the P1999 staff, but let's face it, Red99 is the only chance I have and the community has at fixing all these issues. It took them 2 years to fix all of the issues in p1999 so far with the developers they have now. Now, subtract 10 developers and 8-20 GMs throughout the years and you have my project. The development time to finish a classic PVP server will skyrocket because of that. So what does this mean, should you wait for P1999 red? No, play on my server as it's a quick fix for something that may happen later. I have boosted xp rates on purpose, it's made so you can PVP without having to invest time. P1999 red will be around to stay if it ever does happen. I am working my best with negotiations with their staff to make it happen, so that's more info than you've had in the last 3 months, there ya go.

I've had a few things in mind for when/if I do things with the p1999's staff's approval. This is purely speculation but likely I will be merging in code, tweaking player versus player combat to work with special PVP rules based on VZTZ's resist formulas and attack formulas, (And mind you, this will NEVER affect PVE combat directly.) etc.

I simply want to see this PVP server and a classic PVE server come to life. Is it something i'd play? Probably not, but for those few people who want nostalgia and fun, I'm willing to back you guys up. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think Rogean would ever be a part of something that would hurt his precious server's population. Those who go blue, never go back.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonomar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think Rogean would ever be a part of something that would hurt his precious server's population. Those who go blue, never go back.
TBH I think it's those who go red never go back. It just adds a Z-axis to the game that it doesn't have w/o.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:08 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny ringo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i really doubt they're gonna give up the VZTZ code.

anyway i'd love to help get a new pvp server going. i'm decent with C++ and have a few ideas for a server we could discuss. shoot me a PM.
Voidd already gave it to Rogean. I've got a copy too but who really wants it? No one. That's who.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:03 AM
Planar Protector

pretty sure secrets wants it
Old 07-29-2011, 05:18 AM
Kobold

I dont understand what happend to Null?
He just disappeared.....
Old 07-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Planar Protector

The VZTZ code has been on google for like a year.

The database (which I have, and I'm sure a few others do) might be slightly more useful. But again - compared to what P1999 has running, it's unfinished/incomplete crap.

If the worst case scenario that P1999/Rogean/etc absolutely refuse to share their stuff or throw any kind of P1999 red server up, then the best thing to do would be to work off VZTZ and essentially do all of the work that they did (the hard way). Which is unfortunately not a small undertaking and while the optimist in me would love to see all of the developers / quasi-developers (Secrets, Vile, HPT, Null, whoever else) work together in that scenario, it's hard for me to envision that ever actually happening.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

wheres cohpvp at?
Old 07-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The VZTZ code has been on google for like a year.

The database (which I have, and I'm sure a few others do) might be slightly more useful. But again - compared to what P1999 has running, it's unfinished/incomplete crap.

If the worst case scenario that P1999/Rogean/etc absolutely refuse to share their stuff or throw any kind of P1999 red server up, then the best thing to do would be to work off VZTZ and essentially do all of the work that they did (the hard way). Which is unfortunately not a small undertaking and while the optimist in me would love to see all of the developers / quasi-developers (Secrets, Vile, HPT, Null, whoever else) work together in that scenario, it's hard for me to envision that ever actually happening.
I'm kinda with you on this one. The optimist in me says, Secrets will work closely with the P99 staff, and in a couple of months they'll launch (or begin to plan) a R99 server. I however am not sure it will ever really happen. Roegan is very protective of his code base and database, thats understandable. But it also means that unless the P99 staff actually has interest in opening a red99 server, it really wont ever happen. I dont ever see them giving their codebase to secrets to open one.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Skeleton

My hat goes off to you, Secrets. You're a good man.
Closed Thread