Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have to completely exit the game in between switching characters or is says the spell file is outdated.

Thanks for the patch, keep up the great work
Same problem here
Old 08-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting SP-1 error after extracting.

I'm not going to run a random forum member's exe. I'm sure it's legit and thanks for the offer, but I'm too nervous to dl it.
you could just look at the eqemu forums, thre is a topic for it im just too lazy to search it ... many hundrets use it, you dont have to [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2011, 12:36 AM
Kobold

"Kanras: Removed hard "calculated damage" cap for < 10 and < 20 players, replaced with weapon_dmg cap."

can you explain what this means? example, I am a 15 monk with a 23/28 2hb. pre patch, hard capped at 28 damage. post patch, still capped at 28 damage.

what is the weapon damage cap, exactly?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Kobold

I have the same issue as Sadad does. ive extracted the files numerous times, rebooted, and downloaded the new eqemulator thing Ue linked...

still getting the error at the char select, and also there is an eq.exe shortcut error every time i try to open it, closes EQ immediately when closed, but if left open i can log into the OTHER error at char select. halp?
Old 08-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Aviak

Same issue with changing characters, apparently this is connected to WinEQ2. This problem has never occurred with other spell file patches.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:20 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marglar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Kanras: Removed hard "calculated damage" cap for < 10 and < 20 players, replaced with weapon_dmg cap."

can you explain what this means? example, I am a 15 monk with a 23/28 2hb. pre patch, hard capped at 28 damage. post patch, still capped at 28 damage.

what is the weapon damage cap, exactly?
This was ninja-patched w/o notes in a prev. patch. But in general, your 23/28 2hb is a 14/28 2hb until you hit 20.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loly Taa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's with the inclusion of this wsock32.dll file? I've never seen this included before.
I was wondering that too. Also EQGame.dll is new as well.

I dug around in the ASM just quickly to see what was there:

wsock32.dll is for socket communication (i.e. TCP) between Client and Server. EQ Uses wsock32.dll, but the one they provided to us now has additional code. By placing it into your directory, the application defaults to using that one instead.

The additional code to wsock32.dll effectively is a .DLL injector, to load the new file EQGame.dll. Possibly more, but nothing out of the ordinary at quick glance.

EQGame.dll actually is where most of the interesting things happen:
-It prevents you from switching to a different server after playing on P1999.
-Probably the Brown Skelly fix is in here (Based on original post)
-Adds a new command to EQ. Probably a test (ps: it's /rogean -- lol)

--

So glad to see the Brown Skelly thing in. I also see a lot of potential for interesting things with EQGame.dll in the future too.

Originally from Tarew Marr. May it rest in peace, as it died to become Drinal :'(
Last edited by Kobias; 08-14-2011 at 01:41 AM..
Old 08-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was wondering that too. Also EQGame.dll is new as well.

I dug around in the ASM just quickly to see what was there:

wsock32.dll is for socket communication (i.e. TCP) between Client and Server. EQ Uses wsock32.dll, but the one they provided to us now has additional code. By placing it into your directory, the application defaults to using that one instead.

The additional code to wsock32.dll effectively is a .DLL injector, to load the new file EQGame.dll. Possibly more, but nothing out of the ordinary at quick glance.

EQGame.dll actually is where most of the interesting things happen:
-It prevents you from switching to a different server after playing on P1999.
-Probably the Brown Skelly fix is in here (Based on original post)
-Adds a new command to EQ. Probably a test (ps: it's /rogean -- lol)

--

So glad to see the Brown Skelly thing in. I also see a lot of potential for interesting things with EQGame.dll in the future too.
You sound like exactly the person to have the knowledge I'm looking for. =)

Why would one be getting this (see the attached screenshot) after patching on a Mac wine installation? We logged on, saw the message to update the spells file with the new eqchanges.zip, did so, and then got that error message.

If it's injecting DLLs and calling DLLs and all sorts of other mumbo jumbo that I only vaguely comprehend, is it trying to call something from Windows that might be missing in a wine installation?

Things are working fine on my Windows machine (aside from the bug mentioned in here about having to log completely out to change characters), so I copied my entire install folder over to my friend's Mac in hopes that would solve his problem. Gave the same error.

Thoughts?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by andvarion; 08-14-2011 at 02:07 AM..
Old 08-14-2011, 02:11 AM
Sarnak

same issue for me on my macbook air using Crossover Games.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:11 AM
Fire Giant

I got that too everytime i wanna switch chars i have to close the game and restart, i think everyone has this? a lot of guildmates do.
Closed Thread