Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Orc

Anyone seen Dragoon Zytl yet? I killed Kizdean Gix 10-15 times today and didn't see him where he's supposed to spawn. Ran around the entire zone looking but still didn't see him.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I can only speculate.
On which you did a really good job [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
  • 1. Download the patch from Project1999.org
  • 2. Save it in your EQ folder and extract it.
  • 3. Open winecfg or Wine->Configure Wine from the application menu.
  • 4. Add an overwrite rule for wsock32.dll

I dont have Wine, so I can't test it myself.
Worked like a charm, thank you Kobias!

Info for others: winecfg, as mentioned, add an override for wsock32.dll to load it "Native then Builtin", which means it will try to locate a native dll in the usual path order, and use the built-in from wine if it cannot find any.

Cheers,

Slozem
Old 08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Large Bat

wsock32.dll scares me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-18-2011, 02:27 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome, glad to hear that.

Yeah, I have that problem too.. you're not alone. I'm running Win7 natively, so it seems to be affecting everyone.

They might have forgot to update one of the CRC32 checksum values server-side during that step. Hope they'll fix it soon... It's a little annoying =)
If you're using win7, delete the existing files and then add them to the folder, it has problems with overwriting files that exist, if your install is in program files directory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uth - does this patch include the changes to DEX/CHA for bard missed notes as you indicated in your other post?
It should be.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigdogius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wsock32.dll scares me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This bothers me as well.