Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Fire Giant

Thumbs up Cleric Leveling/Gear Guide

Hello everyone!

Is there anyone out there that has a LOT of experience in clerics? (( i play on red 99 and wanted to get as much info as i can about clerics! ))

Looking for a guide or any kind of information on the following topics:

1. Solo Leveling guide (classic era / separate Kunark era) - zones, camps, best strategy to kill a mob (least downtime - maximize experience gain)
2. Races / Deities (racial abilities/quests)
3. Stats (what stats to focus on)
4. Gear (best gear pre-planar and post planar from each era)
5. Specific Clickies that help a lot (i.e: manastone, quest items, etc)

i understand a lot of these sections can be answered from the wiki and/or alakazam.. wanted feedback from players to help me put together some kind of well detailed guide to help myself and the future clerics on p99 and r99!

thank you for all your help! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Hovis
Old 04-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Solo Leveling guide (classic era / separate Kunark era) - zones, camps, best strategy to kill a mob (least downtime - maximize experience gain)
Been a while, but go to places with undead and use your undead nukes as they are far more efficient than regular nukes.
Befallen, unrest, specters, etc.

Quote:
2. Races / Deities (racial abilities/quests)
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ht=cleric+race

Couple of clips from the above thread:

options:
halfling - sneak, hide, +exp modifier
darkelf - ultravision, hide, snare from regent of innoruuk necklace
highelf - infravision, highest wisdom, root from warden of tunare necklace
gnome - tinkering, brell necklaces
dwarf - booze from disciple of brell necklace, 10 str buff from initiate of brell
erudite
human

From a min / max perspective, you need to look at the combined 4 main attributes of relevance to a cleric: (STR / STA / AGI / WIS)

STR - it's just.. amazingly necessary with all the plate you'll be wearing. You can go around with low STR if you never want to loot anything.. ever.
STA - HPs are good, 'nuff said.
AGI - helps with dodge and avoidance a touch. <75 = annoying AC penalty
WIS - mana. yep.

DE - 65 / 70 / 90 / 93 - Total 318
ERU - 65 / 75 / 70 / 93 - Total 303
GNM - 65 / 75 / 85 / 77 - Total 302
HUM - 80 / 80 / 75 / 85 - Total 320
HLF - 75 / 80 / 95 / 90 - Total 340
HIE - 60 / 70 / 85 / 105 - Total 320
DRF - 95 / 95/ 70 / 93 - Total 353

Clearly Dwarf and halfling are heads above the competition. In this comparison.

If we want to remove AGI from the equation:

DE - Total 228
ERU - Total 233
GNM - Total 217
HUM - Total 245
HLF - Total 245
HIE - Total 235
DRF - Total 283

Dwarf is now an even clearer winner, although keep in mind a dwarf starts at 70 AGI and needs 5 to avoid an AC penalty.

Probably the one biggest boost to High Elves is they will have far, far closer to 200 WIS in full resist gear if you are interested in raiding.

But for situational every day grinding, dwarves and halflings are going to have the most utility.

Personally, I chose Halfling for the ability to hide and sneak, which are amazing and allow you access to places, quests and vendors other races cannot easily access.

Quote:
3. Stats (what stats to focus on)
Obviously, you want to focus on Wisdom until 200 then focus on mana/hp/resist gear.

It sounds like you are playing on red, so you will want to make sure you balance your wisdom/mana with resists.

For people going uber end game: put 5 starting points into stamina and the remaining 25 in wisdom. If you are starting fresh, then your mana pool will be less than other people similarly geared. Again this is for extreme min/maxing. The amount of hp clerics get from that extra 20 sta points at 60 is a total of about 60 hp.

For the rest of us: 25 wisdom, 5 stamina is a good starting point. Dwarf/Erudite might want to put 5 into agility instead of stamina to avoid the less than 75 agility penalty, this can easily be negated if you have some gear with at least +5 agility.

Quote:
4. Gear (best gear pre-planar and post planar from each era)
The wiki has the best listing of gear outs available imo.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Cleric#Gearing

Quote:
5. Specific Clickies that help a lot (i.e: manastone, quest items, etc)
Manastone
Jboots
Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring (junk buff, instant click)
Spyglass (junk buff, instant click from inventory)
Amulet of Necropotence (high end junk buff, skeleton illusion, instant click from inventory)
The above mentioned deity specific quest items.
Water Sprinkler of the Forgiven (Atone/mem blur)
Water Sprinkler of Nem'Anhk (Epic/Rez click)
Donal's Bracer of Mourning (Pacify)
Leatherfoot Raider's Skullcap (instant click gate to WC, 1 charge, rechargeable)
Ring of Shadow (self invis, 3 charges, rechargeable)
Larrikan's Mask (targetable invis, 10 charges, rechargeable)
Old 06-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally, I chose Halfling for the ability to hide and sneak, which are amazing and allow you access to places, quests and vendors other races cannot easily access.

Sorry, but I found this thread in a Google search and had to correct it. This is incorrect. While all Halflings get the skills, the only class that can use sneak AND hide at the same time is rogue.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrinn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, but I found this thread in a Google search and had to correct it. This is incorrect. While all Halflings get the skills, the only class that can use sneak AND hide at the same time is rogue.
What is incorrect? Halflings get both sneak and hide, both of which individually and in conjunction allow access and movement to places other races cannot access.

Any class that has both sneak and hide can use them at the same time. You just can't move and keep both active; the hide will break once you move, unless you are a rogue.

This however is going to be diminished after the next patch since it will turn hide into regular invis status, but sneak will still be excellent for accessing quests and vendors otherwise not accessible.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is incorrect? Halflings get both sneak and hide, both of which individually and in conjunction allow access and movement to places other races cannot access.

Any class that has both sneak and hide can use them at the same time. You just can't move and keep both active; the hide will break once you move, unless you are a rogue.

This however is going to be diminished after the next patch since it will turn hide into regular invis status, but sneak will still be excellent for accessing quests and vendors otherwise not accessible.
You are wrong. i just confirmed it for myself by rolling up a halfling cleric, changing the camera angle so I could see myself, I clicked hide and saw myself disappear, clicked sneak, then as soon as I moved I became visible again with the message that I have stopped hiding. ONLY rogues can use sneak/hide at the same time. It's always been that way

And the next patch to what? Live? This is 1999 we're talking about, not live, so that patch should never be applied here since that's not how it worked in 1999.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrinn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are wrong. i just confirmed it for myself by rolling up a halfling cleric, changing the camera angle so I could see myself, I clicked hide and saw myself disappear, clicked sneak, then as soon as I moved I became visible again with the message that I have stopped hiding. ONLY rogues can use sneak/hide at the same time. It's always been that way
Did you bother reading what I typed or did you get all giddy thinking of what you were going to post and skip it?

I haven't said that you can use them at the same time the same way a rogue does. My second posts even says as such since you didn't full comprehend what I said the first time.

Quote:
You just can't move and keep both active; the hide will break once you move, unless you are a rogue.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And the next patch to what? Live? This is 1999 we're talking about, not live, so that patch should never be applied here since that's not how it worked in 1999.
Really? The next patch to Project 1999...

Hide currently works as super invis/itu at the same time. This is not proper. It (racial hide) is being turned into regular invis. There will be rogue blood.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99935
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pending update:
- Rogue hide will function the same as invis + IVU stacked.
- Non-rogue (racial hide) will function the same as invis.
- Mobs that see through invis/IVU will similarly see through hide.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

wow! thank you !!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

I think a mention of donals arms is needed. the make good free heals on non tanks. good when you have a necro shaman. or pling a melee
Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

You don't have to be hide + sneak (rogue invis) to be able to move passed enemies. With proper movement (stay behind the mob), sneak alone will prevent you from obtaining aggro. This is not always possible, but it will allow you to bypass some instances that could not be bypassed by races without sneak and hide.

Also, sneak will allow you to complete quest turn ins that hide or invis alone would not.
Closed Thread