Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silikten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, until they fixed it. As with many other things they changed.
right... which was way past velious
Old 10-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiah2011 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lovely that good you did this test but why didn't you add Erage gear against yours, It seems he much better geared then you.If you would compare = gear set you would see a difference.
Cause the test on this picture is only on me. I didn't include the test we did together cause there was no new information that hasn't been said or tested already.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silikten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
recharging was illegal. . .
In the Test of Tactics SERVERWIDE final the GM's helped players to recharge their items. This is the head fucking GM's of Everquest and they did that.. So if it was illegal then the head GM's and developers who watched over the event wasn't aware of it lol.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
right... which was way past velious
confirmed classic
Old 10-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cause the test on this picture is only on me. I didn't include the test we did together cause there was no new information that hasn't been said or tested already.

how can you not agree wands are not exploit?? If you never played EQ ever would you feel it was a fair? I have seen you use these's wands over and over again and without them you would have to return back skill over exploit.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by naez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
silikten aka friedchicken was an infamous golem wand recharger on 1.0. maybe even got banned for it I forget
Yeah, during Kunark. Go figure! And actually I didn't really recharge those heh. They were too easy to get. I recharged Prayers of Life (mostly). ^_^.

It's funny that people are for certain "custom" fixes and yet kind of pathetic at the same time. People want custom resists, but not custom fixes that were implemented later which the GMs deemed necessary.

I say don't allow recharging. The items are meant to be farmed and used sparingly.

I personally don't mind. Classic resists, custom resists; classic items, or nerfing items along the same timeline. It's all fun for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

Don't get me wrong, I think recharging should be removed due to the effect it will have on pvp, but it was certainly never illegal / discouraged by GMs in the slightest.

But it is going to suck a lot for random casuals and people not in the know when they come to realize contesting anything at the high end results in an instant stripping of all your buffs, followed by instant roots, and eventually instant conflags/soul taps from wands in the planes.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Banned

pretty much the only time i agree with lovely about anything, been saying all along with any kind of fr at all the wands do nothing, pretty sure the effect has a +20 POSITIVE fire resistance modifier as well.

ivandyrs already cant be recharged and are extremely rare now since the blue server nerf.

golem wands cost 600 plat to recharge, it takes on average 3 quad kites of seafuries to knock back 600p, if you can quad kite that equals about 40 minutes, i doubt anyone is going to frivolously throw wands around every fight as they will have to be farming for 6 hours out of every hour they spend pvping.

most other clickables that have the potential to effect pvp to a large degree are no drop, class specific and hard to get those that are not are tagged expendable and thus not rechargeable already, so basically the entire argument boils down to redwood wands and golem wands, one is a waste of time to use on anyone with their self buffs or two pieces of FR gear, the other already costs a shitload of money to charge up.

the people bitching about charging them are just shooting themselves in the dick anyway, those who were going to use them will still have a bag full to use because they will camp them all day long and control said camps with their guild, whereas all of you clamoring for the removal of charging under the current system need only get a set of them as opposed to doing without.

i generally have always used the wands while levelling to finish shit off when i am out of mana instead od running around medding mid fight for 15 minutes.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

People will be very entertained when they're golem wanded and blown up with this repeatedly.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty much the only time i agree with lovely about anything, been saying all along with any kind of fr at all the wands do nothing, pretty sure the effect has a +20 POSITIVE fire resistance modifier as well.

ivandyrs already cant be recharged and are extremely rare now since the blue server nerf.

golem wands cost 600 plat to recharge, it takes on average 3 quad kites of seafuries to knock back 600p, if you can quad kite that equals about 40 minutes, i doubt anyone is going to frivolously throw wands around every fight as they will have to be farming for 6 hours out of every hour they spend pvping.

most other clickables that have the potential to effect pvp to a large degree are no drop, class specific and hard to get those that are not are tagged expendable and thus not rechargeable already, so basically the entire argument boils down to redwood wands and golem wands, one is a waste of time to use on anyone with their self buffs or two pieces of FR gear, the other already costs a shitload of money to charge up.

the people bitching about charging them are just shooting themselves in the dick anyway, those who were going to use them will still have a bag full to use because they will camp them all day long and control said camps with their guild, whereas all of you clamoring for the removal of charging under the current system need only get a set of them as opposed to doing without.

i generally have always used the wands while levelling to finish shit off when i am out of mana instead od running around medding mid fight for 15 minutes.
I play a mage and can make well over 2k a hour farming SF , so your statment is incorrect..and why would you use wands for exping that not very smart.
Closed Thread