Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Kobold

You are about to be proved wrong. The staff at SOE are my bros and they told me its going to revolutionize MMORPG just like how they did in 1999.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Banned

Casual World of Warcraft clone in the EverQuest universe.

wait, we have that already

its called EQ2
Old 04-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are about to be proved wrong. The staff at SOE are my bros and they told me its going to revolutionize MMORPG just like how they did in 1999.
Can confirm I had drinks with the entire EQ dev team at pax and they said the same buzzwords to me.

Aka we don't know shit yet

Getting into that beta though durison PM if you get in as well
Old 04-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm I had drinks with the entire EQ dev team at pax and they said the same buzzwords to me.

Aka we don't know shit yet

Getting into that beta though durison PM if you get in as well
dafuq? Get me into the beta!

Part of me says I can't keep drinking like this. The other part of me says, "Don't listen to that guy. He's drunk"
Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they told me its going to revolutionize MMORPG
Said every game developer ever that puts out a MMO game.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loly Taa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dafuq? Get me into the beta!
Thought I told you all

I sat down with Dave georeson and basically talked with him for over an hour about eqnext at the Westin bar I bought him a gin and tonic and bam he asked for my email and the day after I got an email from him saying I'm the first person in his new "beta invites" folders.

I'm haven't been bothering him because I don't want to seem like a crazy person but when the time comes I want to try and get TMO guild invites for beta.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

Has there been any more news about it since 2012? I'm very interested to hear what the pvp is going to be like.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Smedly has been saying that same phrase for every MMO since EQ. Do you like Free Realms as much as I do !?
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

it's going to have a feature where you can sell/buy shit farm skills / other features / from your phone.

this will revolutionize mmos bros.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

SOE literally just released an MMO; Planetside 2. They just had a chance to innovate, take substantial risks, or deviate from the status quo MMO. They didn't. They released a re-skinned and tweaked Planetside 1. Why is anyone convinced EQ Next will be any different?

How would you explain to a boardroom full of MBA's that the key to a quality Everquest reboot entails a step away from the casual mechanics that they likely still believe actually attract casual players?

The second coming of MMO Jesus Christ isn't going to come from an established gaming company, but from an indie developer or startup company that has the clarity of purpose and industry acumen to release something new and fun.
Closed Thread