Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Orc

Default Camping Raid Mobs... gone on long enough ?!

Camping Raid Mobs etc... gone on long enough ? isnt it about time guilds/gms come to some sort of agreement ? this is pretty crazy the state of the raid game on the server,normal players should have at least a chance of reliving the classic raid experience on this server, this server is great but for the majority the way it stands now they will never get a chance at the most fun encounters in the game cause of the current raid rules this could be the downfall on this server unfortunately... so your thoughts on this please ? keep it clean! ffs
Old 06-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Banned

Yea, it's kind of crazy right now and it has been for the past 2-3 weeks. Sitting on a raid boss / dragon for 3-4 days at a time burns people out quite quickly. Not to mention it also promotes people bypassing the server rules -- and you saw a sudden and massive increase in IP exemptions -- because they're forced to use their mains to sit afk on a raid to get first dibs.

It's kind of sickening for all parties involved. Personally I'd like to see a rotation implemented, it'd solve a lot of problems and let people finally get some sleep.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Kobold

BOXING FTW!!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
and you saw a sudden and massive increase in IP exemptions
I wonder how you saw this? I can not read all petitions in the exploit forum, can you?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder how you saw this? I can not read all petitions in the exploit forum, can you?
No, but I've certainly heard about some, seen some, and assumed it's happening more often. Not a poorly based assumption though, considering the way things have been panning out as of late =P
Old 06-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Is Ib the only guild doing this?...everyone blames IB all the time, I think Dark Ass is right there as well.

2 guilds have the server raid content on lock down...sad state for P1999
Old 06-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

I'm like 90% convinced that a lot of two top raiding guilds are 2 boxing, whether it's with everyone's knowledge or not, but I honestly don't think anyone can really sit in a zone for days on end and be there the whole time without tearing at their eyes.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Im not in a raid yet so I dont have a 1st person view but I hear a lot about this and am interested because it will eventually concern me.

One comment id like to make is that... there isnt much raid content in the 1st expansion.
This would be why two guilds have it locked down. Im surprised it isnt one guild locking down all raid mobs.

Once kunark comes out it will make it harder to lock down all mobs. Also once they have all the loot they will want to move on. It just takes time for the top raid guilds to get their fill of loot and move on to the bigger harder challenges.

That being said.. instead of a rotation which I agree is pretty lame (we had one on our server that was community enforced) make that a guild is not allowed to kill a raid encounter more than twice in a row or something like that.

my servers community enforced raid rotation on classic EQ did work well. During kunark there were two top raiding guilds. They fought and KS'ed, and trained each other. GM's banned but did not get involved. A lot of hate. Kinda where this server is headed.

A third guild came up and got involved... it just got ridiculous at that point. I think the third guild opened their eyes that the hate wouldnt solve the problem. mob rushing wouldnt solve the problem,. Thats when they began the rotation.

To resolve it the three guilds they hashed it out and came up with an gauntlet you had to pass before being allowed into the rotation. You had to kill three mobs in a row on the first attempt. Think it was Nag vox... and someone else. You contact them they let your guild know when the spawns are up for your attempts.

I remember all of this because it was three guilds on the rotation for the longest time. My guild was the 4th member. Shortly after that there was a 5th and by velious there was a 6th.

It would have been chaos and hate on that sever without that player made rotation. some helpful chap kept a scheduled online where you could keep track of who killed what and when it was your guilds turn.

Only major problem there ever was, was when some dipshit guild felt they didnt have to be in the rotation as it was player enforced. With the six top guilds on the server and the majority of the server behind this they would always either conform or break under the pressure.
Last edited by oldhead; 06-13-2010 at 12:24 PM..
Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm like 90% convinced that a lot of two top raiding guilds are 2 boxing, whether it's with everyone's knowledge or not, but I honestly don't think anyone can really sit in a zone for days on end and be there the whole time without tearing at their eyes.
You have multiple people do it.

We used to do that for the cleric epic.

I remember hating doing my 4 hour shift.

Guildies would stop by and help you pass the time by goofing off and chating tho.

You kinda got put in the spotlight when it was your turn to help. Was cool in that way.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Back in Velious days, my guild used to do weekend-long raids on Halls of Testing. People would just sub in and out for sleep as need be.

If we could manage to kill things for 48 hours, I could see being able to wait for a mob for a while no problem.

As others have said, once Kunark (and eventually, Velious) are released, we won't be seeing quite as much of this. There will still be the obvious camping of epic mobs, but there will be raid content available to other guilds as well.

I do think something needs to change, though, or we will be seeing one guild monopolizing the cleric epics for weeks on end.

ex-Tholuxe Paells player

If I spent half as much time playing as forum-ing, I'd be 50 by now.
Closed Thread