Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just like the last box, this one if it ever happens will undoubtedly fail. The mods that invest the time and money into red99 will regret their decision to actually host a pvp server for the degenerates that actually want one in a matter of months. Red99 will be a bust like all other previous attempts at a solid pvp box for multiple reasons including but not limited to:

1. Fags - in other words whats known as the player base for any EQ pvp server. These people will neither donate or support the GMs that make red99 possible. They feign interest and support for the current GMs. I would bet actual money that within a month of red99 going live they accuse the same people of favoritism and other bullshit that happens on pvp boxes.

2. Cheating - Zone crashing, MQ, ShowEQ, training, duping - you name it, its going to happen on red99 constantly. All of these will be rampant problems on red99. Always have been problems on other previous boxes, these problems and problem players haven't suddenly gone away. Granted they exist on p99 right now, their significance is going to be amplified when they're used to grief the player base which is going to result in floods of petitions for GMs on red99 on a daily basis.

3. Money - Getting donations for just p99 is hard enough, the player base for red99 isn't going to donate anything. They will abuse whatever aspects they can to grief for as long as possible before red99 is inevitably brought down due to lack of funds/frustration over cheating/lack of interest on the part of the GMs which brings me to my next point.

4. Population - Not only will red99 jepordize a good, stable population of a successful private server, the money required to run red99 could also jepordize p99's server in case donations don't roll in for red99 (which i can guarantee they won't.) The cost of maintaining two private servers could end up bringing both p99 and red99 down if things got bad.

Conclusion - ditch this shit idea of a pvp box. The minority isn't worth appeasing if it means jeopardizing a solid private server thats almost over 1k players at peek times. Don't risk p99 and its solid population to appease people that could care less about your project. They won't donate, beta test, or support your project. If you think they care at all about what it costs and takes to maintain both red99 and p99 you're kidding yourself.
You fail and are a terrible idea indeed.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Well, I usually keep my comments to myself but I will say this much.

Quote:
1. Fags -
Before you even start your argument, you expose yourself as an ignorant child thus negating any useful things you might actually have to say to follow this up. Grats.

Quote:
2. Cheating
I played Quake III: Team Arena. I was a rail gun ctfer... one of the best. And then hacks started running rampant. The game was no longer fun.

I was a member of Darkenbane on Rallos, and Hate on Sullon. EQ was, and I still regard to be, the best MMORPG ever made. But the same thing happened to EQ that happened to QIII. With the emergence of "Neo" flying around laughing and GMs and causing havoc... I cancelled my account a week later.

Hackers ruin good games. Period. Cheating in a video game is like getting a hooker. Sure, you got laid... but you had to pay a girl to do it. Fail.

Quote:
3. Money -
If you build it, they will come. People don't want to pay for garbage. But if something is done right, people will reach into their pockets to keep it around. That's pretty much how these things work...

Quote:
4. Population -
Personally, I've quit playing until Red99 actually comes out. I check on the forums about once a week. I'm sure there are a lot like me who don't want to waste time leveling up a blue toon when all we are really aching for is PVP. Good game.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I usually keep my comments to myself but I will say this much.

Before you even start your argument, you expose yourself as an ignorant child thus negating any useful things you might actually have to say to follow this up. Grats.
I quit reading your post after this, cause your a faggot.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Banned

It wont happen because.

1. Everyone who claims they actually want a pvp server, will pick a part every reason why they don't like red99, and what should be changed, while also doing their best to bring the server down unconsciously.

2. Fuck classic exp

3. I don't think the developers care enough to spend time on a pvp server with no real incentive (such as money).
Old 09-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

This thread is surely prophetic.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Fire Giant

This thread is epic...keep the flaming going pals. I love hearing from blue players!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Too easy.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

1) Be an idiot.
2) Hope people forget it.
3) They didn't forget it!
4) Claim you were kidding all along.
5) No profit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Banned

this doors fellow bores me.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) Be an idiot.
2) Hope people forget it.
3) They didn't forget it!
4) Claim you were kidding all along.
5) No profit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is why I never deleted this thread or edited the original. You must be new at the internet. PM me for details on how to use it properly.
Closed Thread