Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Banned

Default Factions

I know this has been discussed, however I would like to see working factions before this goes live. It gives people more to do aside from the same old same old and allows for more pvp related content. I also like the idea of guards helping out their fellow brothers and sisters when being attacked by someone with lower faction.

On that note, do people want to see this or could they not be bothered by it?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

Factions are probly the single most important contributor in Everquest of making the game feel "alive".

Yes of course we need totally working factions, and a ton of work needs to be done fixing and correcting factions (which right now have many errors on them).

Hopefully NPC's "assisting" players in pvp gets fixed by red launch. Correcting all the various faction levels will take a lot more time, and work.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Banned

Sounds good to know that others are enthusiastic about factions. There are so many of them in the game but for the most part are useless in PvE unless you are doing some strange quest or need to get from FP to BB. WOuld be cool to have a nice red npc to run to in a fight who is your ally and hates the other guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, factions were one of the most important things in newbie pvp for me. It made sense from a RP perspective, and gave newbies a bit of protection from those evil dwarves (so long as they hadn't killed more orcs than you..)
Old 10-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

Factions, yes please. Much better immersion for the pvp guys
Old 10-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Orc

NEED factions. Guards not attacking people inside cities makes it really really annoying and will keep people from playing on the server.

I ran to freeport, took like 2-3 hours from faydark since ive never done it before so i could sell some armor to someone. I got there and had to wait for like 2 hours before Fishbait would leave the bank because they were exploiting the system and killing lowbies.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, factions should work.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gankstar1868 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NEED factions. Guards not attacking people inside cities makes it really really annoying and will keep people from playing on the server.

I ran to freeport, took like 2-3 hours from faydark since ive never done it before so i could sell some armor to someone. I got there and had to wait for like 2 hours before Fishbait would leave the bank because they were exploiting the system and killing lowbies.
But if the factions worked, and fishbait had higher faction than you, they could pk you and if you fought back you'd be dead :P
Old 10-14-2011, 01:53 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

yall dum as fuk
Old 10-14-2011, 02:20 AM
Sarnak

cant argue w/dat
Closed Thread